Sep 17, 2013, 12:08 PM EST
Though the Nationals and Braves were not able to play their game on Monday, Stephen Strasburg did manage to fit in a bullpen session at Nats Park to test the tightness in his right forearm.
Davey Johnson said the Nats’ starter felt no complications and is still on track to start Thursday against the Miami Marlins.
“He feels great. He wasn’t even picking up a ball, now he had a great ‘pen and felt really good about it. It set him up for the 19th.”
Strasburg was scratched before his expected start against the Philadelphia Phillies on Friday night after feeling pain during his bullpen session while the team was in New York. He returned to Washington to be examined by Nats doctor Dr. Wiemi Douogiuh who prescribed a few days of rest and medication. On Sunday he played catch from 120 feet and felt fine afterwards.
Strasburg will be making his 29th start of the 2013 season against the Marlins on Thursday. Through 170 innings this year, he holds a 2.96 ERA with 181 strikeouts.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals