Oct 9, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
As the Nationals look towards 2014, they will likely opt for more experience off their bench and hopefully bring with that more depth in case of injury. In this episode of Beltway Baseball, Mark and I discuss whether the Nats should look at a familiar name to fill that role, free agent Michael Morse.
Morse left the Nats looking to prove himself for a longterm contract as an everyday player, but the season didn’t play out like he had hoped. He battled injuries and hit just .215 through 88 games.
Now that the slugger finds himself entering the free agent market, should his former team take a look?
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper's heating up
- Strasburg’s poor outing continues troubling early season trend
- Strasburg's rough outing (VIDEO)
- Stephen Strasburg surrenders six in loss to Miami
- Braves fan trolls Nats with Wikipedia page entry (PHOTO)
- Strasburg looks to make it two in a row vs. Marlins
- Around the NL East: Braves rolling, Marlins reeling
- Orioles billboard spotted along D.C. line
- Driesell, Kolzig headline 2014 DC Sports Hall of Fame class