Oct 10, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
Mike Rizzo has stated the Nationals’ number one priority this offseason is hiring a new manager for 2014. There are internal candidates, external candidates, some with decades of experience, and some with none at all. Which direction will Rizzo choose?
In this episode of Beltway Baseball, Mark and I discussed the Nats’ managerial race , a decision Mark says could be the biggest Mike Rizzo has made since becoming the general manager in Washington. We also talk about whether Cal Ripken, Jr. actually has a realistic shot at the job.
Check it out right here:
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2