Oct 10, 2013, 2:48 PM EST
Mike Rizzo has stated the Nationals’ number one priority this offseason is hiring a new manager for 2014. There are internal candidates, external candidates, some with decades of experience, and some with none at all. Which direction will Rizzo choose?
In this episode of Beltway Baseball, Mark and I discussed the Nats’ managerial race , a decision Mark says could be the biggest Mike Rizzo has made since becoming the general manager in Washington. We also talk about whether Cal Ripken, Jr. actually has a realistic shot at the job.
Check it out right here:
ON THE RADIO
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance
- Nats still have things to do at Winter Meetings
- Napoli, Red Sox agree on 2-year, $32M deal
- Nats 1B Adam LaRoche to join USO Holiday Tour
- Carlos Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'