Oct 11, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
The Nationals once again enter an offseason with questions in the back of their rotation. The last two seasons they have signed veteran pitchers to one-year deals, opting for experience rather than promoting from within.
With Dan Haren unlikely to return, how will the Nats fill his spot? And with Ross Detwiler’s disappointing 2013 season, are there two openings to fill?
Mark and I discussed those questions and a lot more – including whether the Nats should be interested in David Price – in this episode of Beltway Baseball.
Check it out right here:
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense
- Who is the Nats best 8th inning option?
- Fister pitches 3 innings, on track for May 7 return
- Nats Game Thread: No rest for Desmond