Oct 14, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
NLCS GAME 3: ST. LOUIS CARDINALS VS. L.A. DODGERS
Series: Cardinals lead 2-0
Where: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA
Gametime: 8:00 p.m.
Radio: ESPN Radio
Weather: Clear, 69 degrees
Starting pitchers: STL – Adam Wainwright (19-9, 2.94) / LAD – Hyun-jin Ryu (14-8, 3.00)
Down 0-2 in this seven game series, the Los Angeles Dodgers now face Adam Wainwright in hopes to gain some ground. Wainwright poses a challenge in any playoff scenario, but it will take some good fortune for L.A. to overcome the odds.
Wainwright pitched both bookend games of the Cardinals’ Division Series against the Pirates and allowed just two runs through 16 innings, earning the win in each outing. He now sports a 2.03 ERA in his postseason career, a span of 15 games and 48 2/3 frames.
Wainwright did, however, lose his only start against the Dodgers this season. On Aug. 5 he threw seven innings and allowed three runs as the Cards fell 3-2 in St. Louis.
Yasiel Puig, among others, will have to step it up to give the Dodgers a chance. He has zero hits through ten at-bats in this series with six strikeouts. Only Carl Crawford, Juan Uribe and Mark Ellis have been able to hit much of anything against the Cardinals so far. If the Dodgers have a shot at winning this series, they will need their best players to act accordingly.
Pitching for the Dodgers is rookie Hyun-jin Ryu who held the Cardinals scoreless through seven frames on Aug. 8. He will look to improve on his first career postseason start in which he gave up four runs through three innings in L.A.’s loss to Atlanta in Game 3 of the NLDS.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- The Baseball Show: Time to sign Harper to an extension?
- Mets Matt Harvey may be dealing with 'dead arm'
- As Nationals soar, so does dominant Storen
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1
- Nats pregame music choice irks Phillies, they promise payback
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week