Oct 14, 2013, 2:24 PM EST
NLCS GAME 3: ST. LOUIS CARDINALS VS. L.A. DODGERS
Series: Cardinals lead 2-0
Where: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA
Gametime: 8:00 p.m.
Radio: ESPN Radio
Weather: Clear, 69 degrees
Starting pitchers: STL – Adam Wainwright (19-9, 2.94) / LAD – Hyun-jin Ryu (14-8, 3.00)
Down 0-2 in this seven game series, the Los Angeles Dodgers now face Adam Wainwright in hopes to gain some ground. Wainwright poses a challenge in any playoff scenario, but it will take some good fortune for L.A. to overcome the odds.
Wainwright pitched both bookend games of the Cardinals’ Division Series against the Pirates and allowed just two runs through 16 innings, earning the win in each outing. He now sports a 2.03 ERA in his postseason career, a span of 15 games and 48 2/3 frames.
Wainwright did, however, lose his only start against the Dodgers this season. On Aug. 5 he threw seven innings and allowed three runs as the Cards fell 3-2 in St. Louis.
Yasiel Puig, among others, will have to step it up to give the Dodgers a chance. He has zero hits through ten at-bats in this series with six strikeouts. Only Carl Crawford, Juan Uribe and Mark Ellis have been able to hit much of anything against the Cardinals so far. If the Dodgers have a shot at winning this series, they will need their best players to act accordingly.
Pitching for the Dodgers is rookie Hyun-jin Ryu who held the Cardinals scoreless through seven frames on Aug. 8. He will look to improve on his first career postseason start in which he gave up four runs through three innings in L.A.’s loss to Atlanta in Game 3 of the NLDS.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?