Oct 14, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
NLCS GAME 3: ST. LOUIS CARDINALS VS. L.A. DODGERS
Series: Cardinals lead 2-0
Where: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA
Gametime: 8:00 p.m.
Radio: ESPN Radio
Weather: Clear, 69 degrees
Starting pitchers: STL – Adam Wainwright (19-9, 2.94) / LAD – Hyun-jin Ryu (14-8, 3.00)
Down 0-2 in this seven game series, the Los Angeles Dodgers now face Adam Wainwright in hopes to gain some ground. Wainwright poses a challenge in any playoff scenario, but it will take some good fortune for L.A. to overcome the odds.
Wainwright pitched both bookend games of the Cardinals’ Division Series against the Pirates and allowed just two runs through 16 innings, earning the win in each outing. He now sports a 2.03 ERA in his postseason career, a span of 15 games and 48 2/3 frames.
Wainwright did, however, lose his only start against the Dodgers this season. On Aug. 5 he threw seven innings and allowed three runs as the Cards fell 3-2 in St. Louis.
Yasiel Puig, among others, will have to step it up to give the Dodgers a chance. He has zero hits through ten at-bats in this series with six strikeouts. Only Carl Crawford, Juan Uribe and Mark Ellis have been able to hit much of anything against the Cardinals so far. If the Dodgers have a shot at winning this series, they will need their best players to act accordingly.
Pitching for the Dodgers is rookie Hyun-jin Ryu who held the Cardinals scoreless through seven frames on Aug. 8. He will look to improve on his first career postseason start in which he gave up four runs through three innings in L.A.’s loss to Atlanta in Game 3 of the NLDS.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Strasburg, Nats hope to turn page vs. Cardinals
- Harper, Williams and Werth on benching (VIDEO)
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game