Oct 18, 2013, 5:20 PM EDT
NLCS GAME 6: L.A. DODGERS AT ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Series: Cardinals lead 3-2
Where: Busch Stadium, St. Louis, MO
Gametime: 8:30 p.m.
Radio: ESPN Radio
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 52 degrees, wind 8 mph
Starting pitchers: LAD – Clayton Kershaw (16-9, 1.83) / STL – Michael Wacha (4-1, 2.78)
Rookie Michael Wacha has been sensational this postseason, pitching well beyond his years on baseball’s biggest stage. He even outdueled Clayton Kershaw in Game 2 to help lead the Cardinals to victory. Tonight he squares off with Kershaw once again, this time with a chance to put his team into the World Series.
In Game 2 both Kershaw and Wacha combined to allow one unearned run through 12 2/3 innings. But since each offense has broken out to combine for 16 runs over their last two games. The Dodgers hit four home runs in Game 5 alone.
Wacha will have the home crowd behind him in St. Louis where the Cardinals are 4-1 this postseason. The Cards, in fact, have not lost two in a row at Busch Stadium since Aug. 10. All they have to do is win one and they are back in the World Series for the second time in three years.
The Dodgers face another do-or-die situation, but Kershaw certainly helps their odds. The former NL Cy Young winner has allowed only one earned run on eight hits in 19 innings in the 2013 playoffs.
One factor to watch could be the weather. Though there is no wind or rain in the forecast, it should be about a 30 degree drop in temperature from Game 5 in L.A. to Game 6 in St. Louis. Will that be enough to slow down the Dodgers’ offense? We’ll see.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series
- Nationals roster review: Jayson Werth
- LaRoche hopes to be a National 'for the rest of my career'
- MLB announces World Series schedule