Oct 27, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
In hiring Matt Williams as their manager (or at least planning to), the Nationals opted for an external candidate with no MLB managerial experience to pull from. They chose an up-and-comer who was a very good major league player and should bring a unique energy to the clubhouse.
Exactly what type of manager will Williams turn out to be? Mark discussed this subject with Julie Donaldson on Geico SportsNet Central.
Check it out right here:
Also, please check out my Q&A with author Frederic Frommer on the last time the city of Washington had a baseball team in the World Series.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats look to avoid sweep against Mets in New York
- Ross continues to impress, but Mets showing their worth
- Duda, Cespedes too much for Nationals
- Cespedes debuts for Mets, as Nats aim to even series
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line