Oct 27, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
In hiring Matt Williams as their manager (or at least planning to), the Nationals opted for an external candidate with no MLB managerial experience to pull from. They chose an up-and-comer who was a very good major league player and should bring a unique energy to the clubhouse.
Exactly what type of manager will Williams turn out to be? Mark discussed this subject with Julie Donaldson on Geico SportsNet Central.
Check it out right here:
Also, please check out my Q&A with author Frederic Frommer on the last time the city of Washington had a baseball team in the World Series.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent