Oct 27, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
In hiring Matt Williams as their manager (or at least planning to), the Nationals opted for an external candidate with no MLB managerial experience to pull from. They chose an up-and-comer who was a very good major league player and should bring a unique energy to the clubhouse.
Exactly what type of manager will Williams turn out to be? Mark discussed this subject with Julie Donaldson on Geico SportsNet Central.
Check it out right here:
Also, please check out my Q&A with author Frederic Frommer on the last time the city of Washington had a baseball team in the World Series.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards
- Zimmerman, LaRoche homers lift Nationals over Atlanta
- Nationals split-squads face Braves, Cardinals
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology