Oct 27, 2013, 11:17 AM EST
In hiring Matt Williams as their manager (or at least planning to), the Nationals opted for an external candidate with no MLB managerial experience to pull from. They chose an up-and-comer who was a very good major league player and should bring a unique energy to the clubhouse.
Exactly what type of manager will Williams turn out to be? Mark discussed this subject with Julie Donaldson on Geico SportsNet Central.
Check it out right here:
Also, please check out my Q&A with author Frederic Frommer on the last time the city of Washington had a baseball team in the World Series.
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats roster preview: Wilson Ramos
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing