Oct 27, 2013, 11:17 AM EST
In hiring Matt Williams as their manager (or at least planning to), the Nationals opted for an external candidate with no MLB managerial experience to pull from. They chose an up-and-comer who was a very good major league player and should bring a unique energy to the clubhouse.
Exactly what type of manager will Williams turn out to be? Mark discussed this subject with Julie Donaldson on Geico SportsNet Central.
Check it out right here:
Also, please check out my Q&A with author Frederic Frommer on the last time the city of Washington had a baseball team in the World Series.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett