Oct 30, 2013, 4:36 PM EDT
WORLD SERIES GAME 6: ST. LOUIS CARDINALS AT BOSTON RED SOX
Series: Red Sox lead 3-2
Where: Fenway Park, Boston, MA
Gametime: 7:30 p.m.
Radio: ESPN Radio
Weather: Clear, 48 degrees, wind 4 mph
Starting pitchers: STL – Michael Wacha (4-1, 2.78) / BOS – John Lackey (10-13, 3.52)
After falling down 1-2 in the 2013 World Series, the Red Sox have stormed back to send this one back to Boston with a 3-2 lead. They now have two games at Fenway to clinch their third world championship in the last ten years.
The Red Sox have taken control over the series thanks to their pitching staff. Over the last two games, the Cardinals have combined for just three runs off ten hits. Somebody other than Matt Holliday will have to step up for St. Louis as in two of their losses this series, the outfielder has produced the team’s only run.
Tonight it will be John Lackey trying to close it out for the Red Sox as he makes his fifth appearance of this postseason. Lackey was shaky in his first game against the Rays in the ALDS, but has since recovered to put together a solid October. He’s held a 3.26 ERA through 19 1/3 innings and in two World Series games so far he’s allowed three runs in 7 1/3 frames.
For the Cardinals it will be Michael Wacha who is undefeated in four career playoff games, all in this postseason. He’s been October’s breakout star with a 1.00 ERA through 27 total innings and will look to keep his team alive. Nothing has rattled the rookie so far, but now he goes up against the Red Sox in Fenway with the Cardinals’ season on the line. It should be fun to watch.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game