Nov 2, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
Yesterday the Nationals introduced Matt Williams, the team’s new manager, at Nats Park by pulling out all the stops. They had the Lerner family and other members of the ownership group, dozens of team employees, and tons of media in attendance. Even Jayson Werth, Ian Desmond and Tanner Roark were there.
It was a very big day for the franchise, arguably the most important press conference they’ve held since moving to Washington, D.C. They believe they have their guy and the expectations for next season will once again be high.
CSN had a camera there for the question and answer session with Williams and general manager Mike Rizzo and I thought I would share the highlights. Here are some clips from the press conference:
Nats introduce Matt Williams
Mike Rizzo makes a statement
Williams: ‘I bring passion to the game’
Williams: Nats are ‘on the brink of something special’
Also, please check out my story on Dan Haren and Chad Tracy entering free agency and the type of market they may encounter.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper's heating up
- Strasburg’s poor outing continues troubling early season trend
- Strasburg's rough outing (VIDEO)
- Stephen Strasburg surrenders six in loss to Miami
- Braves fan trolls Nats with Wikipedia page entry (PHOTO)
- Strasburg looks to make it two in a row vs. Marlins
- Around the NL East: Braves rolling, Marlins reeling
- Orioles billboard spotted along D.C. line