Nov 2, 2013, 4:01 PM EST
Yesterday the Nationals introduced Matt Williams, the team’s new manager, at Nats Park by pulling out all the stops. They had the Lerner family and other members of the ownership group, dozens of team employees, and tons of media in attendance. Even Jayson Werth, Ian Desmond and Tanner Roark were there.
It was a very big day for the franchise, arguably the most important press conference they’ve held since moving to Washington, D.C. They believe they have their guy and the expectations for next season will once again be high.
CSN had a camera there for the question and answer session with Williams and general manager Mike Rizzo and I thought I would share the highlights. Here are some clips from the press conference:
Nats introduce Matt Williams
Mike Rizzo makes a statement
Williams: ‘I bring passion to the game’
Williams: Nats are ‘on the brink of something special’
Also, please check out my story on Dan Haren and Chad Tracy entering free agency and the type of market they may encounter.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats