Nov 2, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
Yesterday the Nationals introduced Matt Williams, the team’s new manager, at Nats Park by pulling out all the stops. They had the Lerner family and other members of the ownership group, dozens of team employees, and tons of media in attendance. Even Jayson Werth, Ian Desmond and Tanner Roark were there.
It was a very big day for the franchise, arguably the most important press conference they’ve held since moving to Washington, D.C. They believe they have their guy and the expectations for next season will once again be high.
CSN had a camera there for the question and answer session with Williams and general manager Mike Rizzo and I thought I would share the highlights. Here are some clips from the press conference:
Nats introduce Matt Williams
Mike Rizzo makes a statement
Williams: ‘I bring passion to the game’
Williams: Nats are ‘on the brink of something special’
Also, please check out my story on Dan Haren and Chad Tracy entering free agency and the type of market they may encounter.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- As Nationals soar, so does dominant Storen
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1
- Nats pregame music choice irks Phillies, they promise payback
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly