Nov 16, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
The Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy is under construction in Southeast Washington, D.C. and is expected to open in January 2014. This week the Nationals invited media to the site in Fort Dupont Park to see how it is progressing.
CSN sent a camera to get footage of the fields, and also to sit down with Executive Director of the program, Tal Alter. In the video below, Alter gives insight into what the program’s mission will be. He describes the facilities and capacity of what should be a very exciting addition to the District.
Check it out here:
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper travels through time in new ad (VIDEO)
- Williams faces first real test as Nationals manager
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter
- Span scores three runs for Hagerstown in minor league rehab game
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers making noise
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games