Nov 16, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
The Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy is under construction in Southeast Washington, D.C. and is expected to open in January 2014. This week the Nationals invited media to the site in Fort Dupont Park to see how it is progressing.
CSN sent a camera to get footage of the fields, and also to sit down with Executive Director of the program, Tal Alter. In the video below, Alter gives insight into what the program’s mission will be. He describes the facilities and capacity of what should be a very exciting addition to the District.
Check it out here:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?