Nov 16, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
The Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy is under construction in Southeast Washington, D.C. and is expected to open in January 2014. This week the Nationals invited media to the site in Fort Dupont Park to see how it is progressing.
CSN sent a camera to get footage of the fields, and also to sit down with Executive Director of the program, Tal Alter. In the video below, Alter gives insight into what the program’s mission will be. He describes the facilities and capacity of what should be a very exciting addition to the District.
Check it out here:
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Barrett has Tommy John surgery, out 12 months
- Taylor has MRI on bruised knee, expects to be back soon
- Roark on the mound as Nats look to continue dominance of Braves
- MLB Power Rankings: Braves sink to the bottom
- Blowout sets Zimmermann up nicely to face Mets
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves