Dec 10, 2013, 2:57 PM EDT
The Nationals have already made what many expect to be their biggest moves of the offseason, acquiring Doug Fister to strengthen their rotation and Nate McLouth to bolster their bench. There still remains, however, a vacancy in their bullpen where the Nationals would like to add at least one left-handed relief pitcher.
Mark caught up with Nats general manger Mike Rizzo at the Winter Meetings in Florida to talk about the offseason and how Rizzo plans to find a lefty reliever.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats to interview former manager of year for open job
- Report: Former Nats player to interview for open manager job
- Mets, Cubs aim to clinch NLCS berths as playoffs continue
- Report: Nats interviewed former All-Star for manager position
- Nationals roster review: Michael Taylor
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'