VIDEO: Will Nats make amends for 2013?

Dec 11, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT

Photo by USA Today Photo by USA Today

Nationals manager Matt Williams knows he is taking over a team with sky-high expectations. After winning 98 games in 2012 the Nats took a big step back by missing the playoffs with only 86 victories in 2013.

Williams says the team hopes to reach their full potential in 2014, and make amends for what happened this past season along the way.

Watch Williams’ comments here plus Mark’s take on the trade rumors surrounding Drew Storen and Tyler Clippard.

1. sjberke - Dec 11, 2013 at 2:28 PM

MLB Trade Rumors reporting Nats. obtain Jerry Blevins from the As for Billy Burns.

2. Doc - Dec 11, 2013 at 2:30 PM

You got it, sjberke!

3. David Proctor - Dec 11, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Now we still need another lefty in the bullpen. You can’t have 1 (that was one of the problems with Duke–apart from him being awful). That’s obviously Detwiler if he loses the rotation job.

• Faraz Shaikh - Dec 11, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I think so too. RD becomes second LHP in bullpen. One lefty in rotation is enough.

4. Another_Sam - Dec 11, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I like the lineup. I think that last’s years sky high expectation was just one season premature — that’s not an unheard of situation.

I’d hate to see Clippard get traded. I’ll not forget when he stepped in to close. And on the principal of recency — can’t imagine opening the season without Span. And Storen — enough said.

I wish i were in Florida right now.

I’m just a fan. I’m eager for spring training. Play ball.