Dec 12, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
The Washington Nationals officially announced the signing of outfielder Nate McLouth to a two-year deal on Thursday, and in doing so designated Corey Brown for assignment to make room on their 40-man roster.
Brown hit .254 with 19 home runs, 56 RBI and 12 stolen bases in 107 games with Triple-A Syracuse this season before joining the Nats as a September call-up for the third straight year. He appeared in 14 games with the Nats he batted .167 with two runs and three walks.
Brown, 28, came to Washington in a trade with the Oakland Athletics. He joined Henry Rodriguez in a package sent to the Nats for outfielder Josh Willingham in December of 2010.
In parts of three seasons with the Nationals, Brown holds a .175 career average with two home runs and four RBI. He has been called up to the Nats for five different stints, three of them after September roster expansions. The other two were in May and July of 2012.
Also, please check out these stories from CSNwashington.com:
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Diamondbacks at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Diamondbacks at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Instant analysis: Nationals 8, Diamondbacks 1
- Gonzalez on the Nats' rotation: 'I want to catch up' (VIDEO)
- Nats' McLouth to have shoulder surgery, out for season
- LaRoche, Desmond and Fister take on the ice bucket (VIDEO)
- Strasburg, Nationals go for eighth straight win against Arizona
- State of the Nationals' bullpen: Exhausted
- Around the NL East: Are the Marlins legit contenders?
- LaRoche finally gets to savor first walk-off homer
- Nats beat Diamondbacks in third straight walk-off win
- Nationals keep streak alive vs. D-backs