Dec 13, 2013, 7:07 AM EST
The Washington Nationals have announced details for NatsFest 2014, with a new venue set to host the annual preseason celebration for fans.
NatsFest will take place on Jan. 25 at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in Southern Maryland, one year after the event was held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in downtown D.C. Tickets went on sale Thursday morning and are available here.
Doors will open for season ticket holders at 10 a.m. on Jan. 25 with the general public allowed to enter at 11. The “baseball festival” as the Nats are calling it was a huge success last year. It features Q&A sessions with players and team officials, baseball skill challenges, photo shoots with fans and players, autograph sessions and much more.
Last year nearly every player on the Nationals’ 40-man roster was in attendance with Stephen Strasburg, Ryan Zimmerman and manager Davey Johnson as the only notable absences. Strasburg holds a charity event in San Diego in late January ever year and Zimmerman and Johnson were on vacation.
New players Doug Fister, Jerry Blevins and Nate McLouth will likely be there to be introduced to fans, just as Denard Span and Dan Haren were last year. New skipper Matt Williams is expected to attend as well.
Tickets for NatsFest are cheaper if you buy them ahead of time. Adult passes are $20 if bought in advance and $25 the day of. Children’s tickets (age 12 and under) are $10 if purchased early and $15 if bought on Jan. 25. Season plan holders will get $5 off the price of admission if tickets are purchased in advance.
The Nats also charge an extra $25 for autograph vouchers and the availability is limited. If you hope to get your favorite piece of memorabilia signed by a Nats player, you may have to act soon.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal
- Zimmerman getting used to working with fellow infielders at 1B
- Zimmermann ready for game action after live BP, including one hit batter
- Strasburg talks signing of Max Scherzer, rise of Nats as franchise
- Why the Nationals don't use the shift more
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem