Jan 7, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
It may be one of the coldest days anyone alive can remember – the record low of 5 degrees for Jan. 7 in D.C. was set in 1884 – but here’s something to cheer Nats fans up.
Nationals pitchers and catchers will report to spring training in Viera, Fl. on Feb. 13. That means there are only 37 days until the baseball season technically begins.
The announcement was made on Tuesday via the Nationals’ Twitter account, and was quickly celebrated by fans. In just over five weeks we’ll finally have something real to talk about. We’ll also have pictures of Nats going through PFP drills (pitcher’s fielding practice).
We’ll also see Matt Williams actually managing the Nationals for the first time. He has promised an intense spring training, so there’s that to look for.
But ultimately, it means baseball and I think we all agree that’s a good thing.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals get a big rally, then hang on for dear life
- Nats end road trip with much-needed 4-3 win over Marlins
- Bryce Harper rediscovers his hitting stroke
- Nationals need win today to avoid losing road trip
- Depleted Nationals lineup shut out by Marlins
- Nationals can't fight back against Marlins, lose 3-0
- Werth out but says ankle sprain isn't serious
- Strasburg takes mound for big start vs. Marlins
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start
- Around the NL East: Which team will make a big splash via trade?