Point/Counterpoint: The Nats’ first Hall of Famer

Jan 10, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT

USA Today Sports Images USA Today Sports Images

THIS WEEK’S DEBATE: WHO WILL BE THE FIRST PERSON WEARING A NATIONALS CAP ON A HALL OF FAME PLAQUE?

MARK ZUCKERMAN: Wow, what a great topic for debate. Because this isn’t just about trying to predict which Nationals player is most likely to become a Hall of Famer, but which one is most likely to become a Hall of Famer while playing the majority of his career in D.C. (the unofficial requirement to get the curly W cap on the plaque). Ivan Rodriguez will probably be the first Hall of Famer to have the words “Washington, N.L.” on his plaque, but he’ll be wearing a Rangers cap. Is Ryan Zimmerman going to be a Hall of Famer? It’s not out of the realm of possibility, but he’d need to put together about six consecutive .300-30-100 seasons while winning multiple Gold Glove Awards and making probably four All-Star teams. Seems like a long shot. Stephen Strasburg and Jordan Zimmermann could do it if each continues on the path he’s already started, but you have to question whether each will end up pitching for another club in 2-3 years. Bryce Harper is maybe the safest choice, but he’s obviously got a long way to go (and also would need to sign a long-term deal with the Nats at some point). So, you know who I’m going to go with? Ian Desmond. He has established himself over the last two years as one of the best all-around shortstops in the game. He’s got a long career still ahead of him. And I think the Nats value him so much that they’ll ensure he stays here for the bulk of his career. Give me Desmond as a member of the Cooperstown Class of 2029, wearing a curly W cap.

CHASE HUGHES: This really is a good question, Mark. There are so many elements to weigh. As of now, there are no sure-fire Hall of Famers on the Nationals roster, but there are plenty of talented young players who could conceivably end up in Cooperstown if things break their way. Though Ian Desmond is a great choice — he’s the closest to being the best in the league at his position of anyone on the Nationals — I will go with Stephen Strasburg. Strasburg isn’t the best pitcher in baseball or even really in the top five, but he’s an elite player who has shown an ability to be consistent at a very young age. Assuming health, I think he can be a guy who holds a near-3.00 ERA for years to come, and he’s only 25. It will depend largely on longevity, but how many pitchers in today’s game do you expect to see in the Hall of Fame, based on traditional standards? With pitch counts and innings limits, the requirements are going to change some day. And I think Strasburg, if he keeps it up, could emerge as one of the more reliable starters in the game of baseball. I also think the threat of him leaving is lower than that of Bryce Harper. It could come down to money — whether the Nats want to pay him or let him go — rather than some other factor. Strasburg already hates the limelight; I don’t see him leaving to become, say, a New York Yankee. And if I had to throw a wrench in your argument, I’d say Desmond bloomed late, and that could hurt his cause. He has a lot of work ahead of him to reach the Hall of Fame.

MZ: Desmond does have a lot of work ahead of him, but he does have time to do it. And the way he has performed the last two years convinces me he can keep doing it for a long time. He’s no fluke. I’m less convinced than you about Strasburg. There are so many things that could derail him (or any other pitcher, for that matter) along the way. I do think Harper is as safe a bet as there is to have an elite, potentially Hall-of-Fame career. The only thing that can stop him is himself, and I think he learned a lot last year about how to keep himself on the field and avoid major injury. I’m going to throw two wild cards into the mix here, though, just for the sake of discussion. What about Tyler Clippard? He’s been one of the best relievers in baseball four years now. I know, I know. It’s been almost impossible for the greatest closers of all-time to get into Cooperstown, and Clippard is a mere setup man. But I think the baseball community is coming to realize more and more just how important all relievers are. What if Clip kept this rate up another six years? Would he merit any consideration? My other wild card: Davey Johnson. He finished his career 300 games over the .500 mark, and every other manager in history who has done that is in the Hall of Fame. I’m not sure baseball people think of Davey quite in the same class as those guys, but I do think he deserves to be considered. The only problem: He would probably go in as a Met, not a Nat.

CH: It’s nearly impossible to project the future for a pitcher because, as we’ve seen far too many times, their downfalls can be sudden and extreme. But I’ve been very impressed with what Strasburg has produced considering what he’s already been through. Think about it. No pitcher has entered the league with the hype and attention that followed him, and he exceeded expectations. Then, after having Tommy John surgery, he returned just as effective as before. And through a national debate about shutting him down before the playoffs — a situation completely unprecedented — he’s emerged a legitimate ace who is just entering his prime. As 2010-12 fades further into the rear view, I think Strasburg can reach another level, and soon. As for your other points, I do see Davey Johnson making the Hall of Fame, but as a Met. And the notion of Tyler Clippard making a ballot some day is intriguing. He would have to continue pitching at a high level into his mid-30s, but there’s no question he’s as reliable a setup man as they come. Perhaps some success in the playoffs could help his cause.

1. David Proctor - Jan 10, 2014 at 6:47 AM

Davey Johnson will go into the HOF, but it won’t be as a Nat. Strasburg’s health scares me. Desmond bloomed too late. I’ll take Bryce. If you want someone under the radar, how about Rendon? I know it’s wayyyyyy too early to say that, but we’re just guessing here anyway.

• Faraz Shaikh - Jan 10, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Not too long ago, Ryan would have been my choice. He still has a shot if he accumulates about 30 more WAR in next 10 or 12 years.

• Faraz Shaikh - Jan 10, 2014 at 7:11 AM

another way is to become a postseason legend. people tend not to forget those kind of players when it comes to HOF ballots.

• Another_Sam - Jan 10, 2014 at 7:27 AM

DP — I agree on Strasburg. In fact, his performance perplexes me. He’s not [yet] the neo Koufax-Pascual-Palmer we’d hoped for. I hope he’s not Ben McDonald.

• David Proctor - Jan 10, 2014 at 8:00 AM

Strasburg is still a great pitcher. He’ll win a Cy Young eventually. I just don’t know if he can stay healthy enough to put up the longevity numbers he’ll need.

• Faraz Shaikh - Jan 10, 2014 at 8:36 AM

I know he has not been as good as Kershaw was early in his career but come on, Ben McDonald? Really? Except being a top pick 20 years apart, they have nothing in common.

• sjm308 - Jan 10, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Sam, good move puttiing Camilio Pascual in with two great Hall of Famers. Camilio might not be in the Hall but he was sure a treat to watch. Tough to watch that group move to Minnesota and then get that group of rejects for our next club. But at least we still had a team, oops, Mr. Short took care of that as well.

Go Nats!!

2. Another_Sam - Jan 10, 2014 at 7:30 AM

I think that Bryce clearly has the shortest odds in this discussion. We’ll know more by October.

3. 3on2out - Jan 10, 2014 at 8:34 AM

The problem with Bryce is his life-long obsession with being a Yankee. When the evil empire opens ts checkbook it may be hard to keep him here. The way the free agency works nowadays…I question whether any of our prime candidates will be here long enough to select the Curly W for their cap. If I was a betting man, I would take the field. The first Washington National in the HOF is someone not on our radar.

• Faraz Shaikh - Jan 10, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Bryce has struck me as someone who would value staying with one franchise.

• zmunchkin - Jan 10, 2014 at 8:44 AM

And Bryce has said that he really admires players who played for one team their entire career. Maybe when he said that he was just trying to say what we wanted to hear. And Bryce grew up as a fan of the Yankmes (spelling mistake on purpose) because his dad was a fan and they had no true home team. I think that this stuff about Bryce wanting to be in pinstripes is overblown.

• Faraz Shaikh - Jan 10, 2014 at 8:48 AM

maybe he is saying what we want to hear or maybe not. we don’t know unless we have a direct link to his thinking so no point worrying when he won’t be a FA for next 4-5 years.

• Hiram Hover - Jan 10, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Bryce strikes me as a Scott Boras client. Has any Boras client stayed with one team?

• Faraz Shaikh - Jan 10, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Jered Weaver so far.

• Faraz Shaikh - Jan 10, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Elvis Andrus, Carlos Gonzalez.

• Hiram Hover - Jan 10, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Thanks, Faraz – but those replies kinda prove the point.

Jared Weaver?? C’mon. We’re talking about potential HOF’ers.

CarGo and Andrus fall into that category, but since they’re 28 and 25, respectively, they’re not really solid proof either.

• Faraz Shaikh - Jan 10, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Hiram, very few players stay with one team (Felix, Wright, Mauer). For a player to stay with one team, the player has to be really good for the team to want to keep him and if a player is really good, obviously his HOF odds are better. We don’t know what Harper will do five years from now. I hope he stays true to his words and signs a long term deal with us as he fills his potential.

• Hiram Hover - Jan 10, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Faraz – agreed about most players not staying with one team. My point was merely that the rate is even lower among the stars on Boras’s client list.

Anyway, I don’t think it’s fair to suggest Harper will be “(un)true to his words” if he signs elsewhere. I don’t remember Bryce ever saying he plans to stay with one team, and if he did, I’d suspect it was in an off-hand, here’s another warm and fuzzy cliche sort of way.

How many players are going to sit down for a Julie Alexandria type interview and say, “Yeah, I really admire the guys who jump around from team to team in search of the highest dollar, and stick the last one with a total albatross of a contract”?

• Sec 3, My Sofa - Jan 10, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Agree. Nobody here strikes me as HOF material, without a big scoop of wishful thinking. If Bryce wins the MVP this year, I might change my mind, but for now, I’m going with PTBNL.

4. sjm308 - Jan 10, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Agree here on several counts:
    1. First Hall of Fame odds should probably be with Bryce
    2. The Yankee thing was said when he was 17 years old!! Haven’t we all said things, especially as teen-agers that were just not going to happen. I do think he enjoys playing here, I think he likes the structure of what has been provided for him. He will have Werth around to continue to guide him and now a manager that I think will get even more out of him. I am still rallying for Rizzo to spend whatever it takes and extend this young man for 10 years, hell, I’ll even go 12 years. If that happens I think you can put that Yankee stuff to rest. By the way, I am not sure the Yankee franchise as it is constructed right now and living in NYC is exactly what the young man from out west would really want.

5. texnat1 - Jan 10, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Mark,

Speaking of the hall of fame, do you have any thoughts on the BBWA’s punishment of Le Batard?

• scnatsfan - Jan 10, 2014 at 9:58 AM

If LeBatard did this because he really disliked the system then I’m proud of him; unfortunately I’m in the camp he simply did this for his own publicity. The Woody Paige’s, Bob Ryan’s and Steven A Smith’s of the world may be great journalists but IMHO the value being a celebrity even more.

Of course I’m not Mark but I felt compelled to reply…

6. Hiram Hover - Jan 10, 2014 at 9:19 AM

I doubt any of them makes it, but agree Bryce probably has the best chance.

To make the HOF, it’s not enough to be elite one year – you have to have a sustained stretch of truly elite performance.

Ian peaked too late and I don’t think really reaches that level anyway.

Ryan’s peak years were HOF worthy but he didn’t sustain it long enough, and probably won’t get back to it.

Stras and Harper have the potential to be truly elite, but fully haven’t shown it yet, and have injury concerns that may limit both how high they rise, and how long they stay there–and that’s ignoring the question of how long they remain Nats.

7. nats1924 - Jan 10, 2014 at 9:31 AM

RZim and then Desi are my choices.

BHarp would be my number one, unfortunately his best years might come wearing a different uniform. I think he DOES and WOULD like to stay at one place his entire career. But deservingly so it’s all about the dollars.

And I hate to beat a dead horse, it all comes down to this tv masn mess. If the Nats can’t get secure some type of tv deal on their own, no way we extend/sign Bryce Harper

I can’t sand the O’s. — And, can we please stop the “O” chant during the national anthem at Caps games!! So disrespectful by the Baltimoreans ugh

Go Nats !

• Hiram Hover - Jan 10, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Honestly, I’m tired of hearing about the “MASN mess” and especially hearing it used as an excuse.

The deal isn’t fair to the Nats, and it’s a crime (moral, if not legal) that Angelos is doing what he’s doing, and that Bud isn’t lifting a finger.

But it is what it is, and the Nats are still in the top half of MLB teams in terms of value, and have the richest owners in baseball. There are teams that do more with less, and if the Nats can’t win with what they have, that’s not Angelos’ fault.

The Nats don’t have the means to sign every player they’d like to a 9 figure contract, but who except the Yankees and Dodgers does? And given how many of those contracts turn into albatrosses, that’s not a bad thing.

• letswin3 - Jan 10, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Yeah, but it would sure be nice to have a level playing field.

8. NatsLady - Jan 10, 2014 at 9:32 AM

I’m going for Clip. He needs another 10 years like the last 5, some open-mindedness on the part of HOF voters, and Rizzo to keep him past free agency. But he’s got the smarts, the talent, and the ambition.

• Faraz Shaikh - Jan 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM

unlikely that happens unless he becomes a closer after soriano and racks up 200-300 saves rest of his career while putting up astonishing rate stats.

• Jw - Jan 10, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Clippard has a better chance of making the HoF as a DH than he does as a relief pitcher. Which is to say, he has zero chance of ever making the HoF.

9. habs3 - Jan 10, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Pointless topic since the player has not been drafted yet. No one on the current roster is even close to being an All Star on a regular basis let alone a HOF.

• tcostant - Jan 10, 2014 at 10:15 AM

This is dead on. Let Harper be in the top 5 of MVP votes for many many years, before we think about that. Let Stras, win two Cy Young award before we starting talking about that.

• snerdblurter - Jan 10, 2014 at 10:24 AM

No topic is pointless in January, but you’re right about everything else.

• sjm308 - Jan 10, 2014 at 11:38 AM

I realize its only two years but Bryce is part of a decent trivia question. Name the 3 players who have been named to the All-Star team in every year they have played. Only one of them is a Hall of Famer and he played for 13 years and was in 13 All-Star games. Technically though, Bryce has made the all-star game in each of his two years, can’t be more regular than that.

10. Sonny G 10 - Jan 10, 2014 at 11:03 AM

The easy answer is a PTBNL. However, where is the fun in that. So to take a flyer I will pick Bryce Harper. This is a nice question to think about and debate. Good going Mark and Chase.

11. jd - Jan 10, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I think that Ryan’s problem is that when he was great the team was irrelevant and when the team became good he became injured. He is young enough to get back in the discussion if he returns to the player he was a couple of years ago and maintains that level for 5 or 6 years.

I think Desmond needs about 6 – 8 years like the last 2, consistent all star selections and be close to the best at his position year after year.

Bryce has the pedigree, personality and the game to be a HOF player, in fact I’d say the odds are pretty solid that he will be one.

It’s impossible to handicap pitchers because their health status is a crap shoot and there is no chance in hell any reliever who is not a closer even gets a sniff.

12. natsjackinfl - Jan 10, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Lucas Giolito.

• Faraz Shaikh - Jan 10, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Bold claim!

• alexva6 - Jan 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM

good thing Robbie Ray is off the board otherwise you may have really been shocked

• natsjackinfl - Jan 10, 2014 at 11:55 AM

With any luck (well, make that a lot) I’ll get to see it aabout age 92.

13. jd - Jan 10, 2014 at 11:28 AM

The idea of worrying about players leaving via free agency is silly in my opinion. The Nats have the resources, the good baseball reputation and the history of retaining the players they want to retain. Bryce is not going anywhere.

This does not mean that you should keep every player once they get expensive, you can’t have have a bunch of players making the max amount and still stay within a reasonable budget. I think there is merit to considering moving someone like Jordan Zimmermann ( I am not advocating it, just suggesting it as a possibility).

The trick is to constantly have a pipeline of players stepping in who are young , controllable and relatively inexpensive to balance the big bucks you have to pay your established stars.

• sjm308 - Jan 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM

jd: I agree with your premise and this is exactly why I don’t believe we have a “window” for success. If Rizzo and his scouts can keep that pipeline moving and the young players do reach their goals, I think we can have a model franchise. I realize its a dream but its what I am hoping for.

• Sonny G 10 - Jan 10, 2014 at 5:34 PM

+1 for jd and +1 for Coach308

14. Section 222 - Jan 10, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Actually, even though we may not have been overwhelmed by his season last year, Bryce has been an All Star in his only two years in the big leagues, at age 19 and 20. I agree that he’s by no means a lock for the Hall, but he certainly has a decent chance given his age and what he’s done so far. And he’ll probably be a perennial All Star given his popularity, even if he doesn’t really deserve it.

As for the pitchers, Tom Glavine was just elected in his first year of eligibility. He only won two Cy Youngs, he was in the top 5 only 6 times in his 22 year career, the first in his age 25 season. So that’s not really a prerequesite to thinking about his chances. Glavine made the All Star team for the first time at age 25 too. He was a 10 time All Star, in 22 years. Stras will be 25 this year, and he has already been an All Star.

By the way, Bert Blyleven made it to the Hall, and he was an All Star only twice. He never won a Cy Young, finishing in the top 5 just 4 times.

The key for Stras and JZnn is longevity and durability. (Blyleven pitched for 22 years, he started 30 or more games 17 times.) If Sras and JZnn pitch for 15-20 years at the level they’ve already achieved, they have a good shot of being Hall of Famers, and of being All Stars and strong Cy Young candidates for 8-10 of those years. If they get hurt and have solid, but not spectacular, 10-15 year careers, their chances are not that great. It’s impossible to predict right now which way their careers will go.

Put me in the camp of doubting that Desi will make it. Not because I don’t love his play, and I made it clear in our discussion a few days ago that I think it’s very important that the Nats give him a long term extension. But as others have pointed out, his first good season was at age 26. It’s hard to imagine him making the Hall having fewer than 10-12 excellent seasons. Do we really think he can do what he did last year at age 35-37?

My conclusion is that Harper has the best chance of being the first player inducted in the Hall as a Nat. Strasburg next. But both have a long way to go. Obviously.

15. Theophilus T.S. - Jan 10, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Agree with the “none” crowd as it pertains to anyone on the current roster, etc. NatsJack is closest w/ Giolito. If Trammell doesn’t make it, Desmond doesn’t make it, even if he continues at the present pace for another 8-9 years. Strasburg doesn’t show much of any sign of reaching his athletic potential. If he does, it will be in LA or SD and — if he proved HOF-worthy — he wouldn’t be in Cooperstown wearing a Nats cap. Harper has HOF hype but so far has shown — compared to more established players — mostly superior immaturity. Maybe someday he learns to value staying on the field as much as emulating Willie Mays Hayes, Roy Hobbs and Billy Martin. Not many .272-hitting OFs in the HOF. I agree with those who think Harper has the makeup to want to stay w/ one team. He’s the guy who wants to tower over the landscape and how better to do that than become synonymous with one franchise over 17-18 years. If he does spend his whole career w/ the Nats — or at least all of the meaningful parts of it — it will be because he was able to develop the discipline necessary to exploit his talent — and the Lerners are willing to pay him for it.

• sjm308 - Jan 10, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Really well written. Excellent points!

16. NatsLady - Jan 10, 2014 at 1:34 PM

It’s so hard to know with pitchers. Last year Verlander was a lock–then he has a (sort of) “down” year, and now he’s hurt for the first time in his major-league career. It will be interesting to see how he recovers.Kershaw seems like a no-brainer, but he’s got to do what he’s doing now for at least another 5-7 years.

I bring up Verlander and Kershaw because those are the type guys you have to compare with Stras. The question with Stras is, he has the stuff, but can he get out of his own way? (I like Giolito, but he hasn’t faced one major-league batter yet and we simply don’t know what his baseball IQ is.)

However, if you think a guy like Wainwright is on his way (and I do), then you have to think Jordan Zimmermann could be on his–though perhaps not as a Nat and he needs postseason triumphs.

17. Section 222 - Jan 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Natsjack had his tongue in his cheek, I think, when he said Lucas Giolito. I chuckled too. But Theo, you sound dead serious. You really think Giolito, who has yet to throw a pitch above A-, has a better shot of making the HoF than Harper? I know those 14 Ks in 14 IP in Auburn last year were impressive, but for goodness sakes. Harper has more home runs (42) before turning 21 than all but two players in history (Ott and Conigliaro). He has more than A-Rod, Griffey, Jr., Frank Robinson, and Mickey Mantle. I was disappointed in him last season too, but to say that all he’s shown so far is “superior immaturity” kind of undermines your credibility on your remaining point.

• Theophilus T.S. - Jan 10, 2014 at 6:31 PM

If you are predicting Strasburg or Harper in the HOF you are betting on hype not on what they’ve accomplished to date. Conigliaro isn’t in the HOF, although I think he might — emphasize “might” — except for injury. He certainly had the tools, just as Harper is alleged to have the tools. Both Strasburg and Harper have yet to approach the “hype” associated with their signings. Strasburg isn’t ever going to make it if he keeps leaving the last three innings to the bullpen.

• Section 222 - Jan 10, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Please re-read my comment at 11:33 am. I didn’t predict Harper or Stras in the HOF. I said that Harper has a decent chance given what he’s done so far and his age. And I concluded: “Harper has the best chance of being the first player inducted in the Hall as a Nat. Strasburg next. But both have a long way to go. Obviously.” You, on the other hand, dismiss Harper’s done entirely and think that Giolito is more likely than either Harper or Stras to end up in the Hall. Talk about betting on hype!

I totally agree that Stras won’t be a Hall of Famer if he can pitch only 6 innings per game, even taking account of the era he plays in. But in 2012 he went 7 or more only 5 times out of 28 starts. In 2013, he did it 12 times out of 30 starts and had has first complete game. He’s only going into his age 25 season, so there’s alot of room for growth. Like I said, I think Harper is more likely to make it, but I’m not counting out Stras yet. He’s got too much raw talent.

18. NatsLady - Jan 10, 2014 at 1:51 PM

As regards position players. Desi has a remote chance, if he stays healthy, durable, and productive. Same for Ryan Zimmerman. Desi and RZ would have to have several MVP-type years, meaning they bring the Nats to the playoffs/WS. Look around the league and see if you think Desi and RZimm as they currently play would win the NL MVP.

For Harper, this is a key year. As far as I’m concerned, the only “immaturity” he’s shown is on the field. Off it, he’s exemplary, doesn’t cause scandals, gives great interviews, gives autographs to dying kids, etc., so there is no reason for writers–if they are still the voters in 2040–to carry grudges. So now you look at him on the field. Last spring it was not unreasonable to think he’d be the NL MVP, and many analysts made that prediction. This year or next, Bryce needs to be NL MVP or at least have a lot of votes. His model is right in front of him, and as Bryce put it “J-Dub told me 20 times not to run into walls.”

(BTW, it’s really too bad Jayson didn’t have his first good season until he was 28, talk about late bloomers.).

I see Rendon getting into the Hall of Very Good along with Desi and RZ.

19. NatsLady - Jan 10, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Anybody know anything about this guy? Eugene from Oregon? Nats signed him to a minor-league deal. Glove?

• NatsLady - Jan 10, 2014 at 2:39 PM

This is his blurb.

The Nationals on Friday signed outfielder Joseph Dunigan to a Minor League deal. The left-handed-hitting Dunigan was selected by the Mariners in the fifth round of the 2007 First-Year Player Draft, and spent the last seven seasons in their organization. He never appeared in the big leagues for Seattle.

20. Faraz Shaikh - Jan 10, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Just checking out some highlights from 2013. When Ramos gets a hold of one, it goes far. I am really looking forward to 100+ games and 400+ PAs from him.

21. NatsLady - Jan 10, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Sorry if I’m slow here, but I just noticed Mark put up a countdown to Pitchers and Catchers. Thank you!!!!

• Sonny G 10 - Jan 10, 2014 at 5:45 PM

You’re faster than me NatsLady. I didn’t see it until you pointed it out. And I second the “Thank you, Mark”

22. NatsLady - Jan 10, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Siri is not a baseball fan. My student is going to Florida for spring break, and she wanted to know where Viera is. Siri kept showing us some place in Pennsylvania (because that’s nearer). Then I asked her where is Nats spring training and she said “I can’t find anything about Nats spring training.”

Then I asked her, “Will the Saints would win tomorrow?” She immediately put up the Seahawks/Saints betting line, plus the time of the game and the broadcast network, all with nice logos and stuff.

23. NatsLady - Jan 10, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Also, if you want to meet-and-greet Jayson Werth, your moment is Sunday, Jan. 26.

This ends my public service announcements, as I’m going to the gym and I’m not at working out and typing at the same time.

• NatsLady - Jan 10, 2014 at 6:49 PM

grrrr. I’m not GOOD at working out and typing….

24. Sec317 - Jan 10, 2014 at 8:24 PM