Jan 27, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Saturday’s NatsFest didn’t reveal anything shockingly new about the Nationals players, as many of them took time to talk to the media. There were some small revelations, but perhaps the biggest was Bryce Harper saying he may not be 100 percent by the time he reports to spring training.
The Nats outfielder is still recovering from surgery he had in October – a procedure that repaired the bursa sac in his left knee – and has about three weeks left to go in his rehab. Harper stopped by to talk with Mark in a one-on-one interview about several topics including his knee, returning to Washington, D.C. after a long offseason and how he plans to play more cautiously moving forward. You can tell he has learned a lot from last season and can’t wait to get started in 2014.
Check out the video right here:
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent