Jan 27, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Saturday’s NatsFest didn’t reveal anything shockingly new about the Nationals players, as many of them took time to talk to the media. There were some small revelations, but perhaps the biggest was Bryce Harper saying he may not be 100 percent by the time he reports to spring training.
The Nats outfielder is still recovering from surgery he had in October – a procedure that repaired the bursa sac in his left knee – and has about three weeks left to go in his rehab. Harper stopped by to talk with Mark in a one-on-one interview about several topics including his knee, returning to Washington, D.C. after a long offseason and how he plans to play more cautiously moving forward. You can tell he has learned a lot from last season and can’t wait to get started in 2014.
Check out the video right here:
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Breaking down an inexplicable loss for the Nats
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nats make first round of September call-ups
- Nationals turn to Ross for big game in St. Louis
- The Baseball Show: Is Denard Span’s Nats career over?
- Nationals let another one slip away
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang