Jan 27, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Saturday’s NatsFest didn’t reveal anything shockingly new about the Nationals players, as many of them took time to talk to the media. There were some small revelations, but perhaps the biggest was Bryce Harper saying he may not be 100 percent by the time he reports to spring training.
The Nats outfielder is still recovering from surgery he had in October – a procedure that repaired the bursa sac in his left knee – and has about three weeks left to go in his rehab. Harper stopped by to talk with Mark in a one-on-one interview about several topics including his knee, returning to Washington, D.C. after a long offseason and how he plans to play more cautiously moving forward. You can tell he has learned a lot from last season and can’t wait to get started in 2014.
Check out the video right here:
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Power Rankings: Which MLB stadium is the best?
- 'Baseball in the District' - Bob Nightengale and Matt Skole
- Nationals Stock Watch: Strasburg's road struggles continue
- Aaron Barrett wins patriotic staring contest before Nats-Rockies game
- Depleted lineup can't complete sweep over Rockies in 6-4 loss
- Zimmerman placed on DL with hamstring strain
- Kevin Durant channels Werth, LaRoche in 'beard gang' photo
- Strasburg tries to pitch depleted Nats to sweep
- Nationals have to deal with latest Zimmerman injury
- Adam LaRoche notches three hits, Nats down Rockies