Jan 28, 2014, 12:07 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg missed last January’s Nats Fest due to a scheduling conflict, but was there this year to greet fans and talk about the new season. He had a lot to update us on given he had surgery this offseason to remove loose bodies from his right elbow.
Strasburg said he’s already past the six-week rehab process and is approaching the 2014 season just as he would any other. He talked to Mark on Saturday in a one-on-one interview about his rehab, what he hopes to improve on this year as a pitcher and his thoughts on having Steve McCatty back as pitching coach.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series