Jan 28, 2014, 12:07 PM EST
Stephen Strasburg missed last January’s Nats Fest due to a scheduling conflict, but was there this year to greet fans and talk about the new season. He had a lot to update us on given he had surgery this offseason to remove loose bodies from his right elbow.
Strasburg said he’s already past the six-week rehab process and is approaching the 2014 season just as he would any other. He talked to Mark on Saturday in a one-on-one interview about his rehab, what he hopes to improve on this year as a pitcher and his thoughts on having Steve McCatty back as pitching coach.
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond