Jan 29, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
Mike Rizzo stopped by at this past weekend’s Nats Fest to talk with Mark about the event, the team’s offseason and what he expects from Matt Williams’ first spring training. On the topic of their moves this winter, Rizzo had some interesting thoughts on trading for Doug Fister in particular.
As you may recall, the Nationals struck a deal with the Detroit Tigers on Dec. 2, relatively early in the offseason. Rizzo says moving early on Fister was their intention and in this video he explains the reasoning behind it.
Check it out here:
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- More observations from Sunday's 3-2 win
- Nats get big hit for big win
- Nationals grind their way to walk-off victory
- Former Nats catcher Chris Snyder retires from MLB
- Bryce Harper's 'nothing but hustle' Nats magazine (PHOTO)
- Espinosa making most of his playing opportunity
- Strasburg, Nats hope to turn page vs. Cardinals
- Harper, Williams and Werth on benching (VIDEO)
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals