Jan 29, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
Mike Rizzo stopped by at this past weekend’s Nats Fest to talk with Mark about the event, the team’s offseason and what he expects from Matt Williams’ first spring training. On the topic of their moves this winter, Rizzo had some interesting thoughts on trading for Doug Fister in particular.
As you may recall, the Nationals struck a deal with the Detroit Tigers on Dec. 2, relatively early in the offseason. Rizzo says moving early on Fister was their intention and in this video he explains the reasoning behind it.
Check it out here:
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent