Jan 29, 2014, 11:57 AM EST
Mike Rizzo stopped by at this past weekend’s Nats Fest to talk with Mark about the event, the team’s offseason and what he expects from Matt Williams’ first spring training. On the topic of their moves this winter, Rizzo had some interesting thoughts on trading for Doug Fister in particular.
As you may recall, the Nationals struck a deal with the Detroit Tigers on Dec. 2, relatively early in the offseason. Rizzo says moving early on Fister was their intention and in this video he explains the reasoning behind it.
Check it out here:
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions