Jan 30, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
Gio Gonzalez has enjoyed an offseason free of drama and distractions, much different than last year. Instead of dealing with rumors surrounding Biogenesis and participating in the World Baseball Classic, Gonzalez has been working out in Florida, eating a lot of Cuban food and playing catch with Jorge Posada. It sounds like the life.
But Gonzalez is just two weeks away now from reporting to spring training in Viera, Fla. and is ready to get started for the 2014 season. He’s thrilled to have Doug Fister in the Nats’ rotation and says it is still a very confident team despite their disappointing 2013 campaign.
Watch his one-on-one interview with Mark right here:
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale
- The Baseball Show: Is NL East up for grabs?