Jan 30, 2014, 11:13 AM EST
Gio Gonzalez has enjoyed an offseason free of drama and distractions, much different than last year. Instead of dealing with rumors surrounding Biogenesis and participating in the World Baseball Classic, Gonzalez has been working out in Florida, eating a lot of Cuban food and playing catch with Jorge Posada. It sounds like the life.
But Gonzalez is just two weeks away now from reporting to spring training in Viera, Fla. and is ready to get started for the 2014 season. He’s thrilled to have Doug Fister in the Nats’ rotation and says it is still a very confident team despite their disappointing 2013 campaign.
Watch his one-on-one interview with Mark right here:
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats sign veteran Heath Bell to minor-league deal
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- Significant moment No. 10: Roark makes rotation
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park