Jan 30, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
Gio Gonzalez has enjoyed an offseason free of drama and distractions, much different than last year. Instead of dealing with rumors surrounding Biogenesis and participating in the World Baseball Classic, Gonzalez has been working out in Florida, eating a lot of Cuban food and playing catch with Jorge Posada. It sounds like the life.
But Gonzalez is just two weeks away now from reporting to spring training in Viera, Fla. and is ready to get started for the 2014 season. He’s thrilled to have Doug Fister in the Nats’ rotation and says it is still a very confident team despite their disappointing 2013 campaign.
Watch his one-on-one interview with Mark right here:
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense