Jan 30, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
Gio Gonzalez has enjoyed an offseason free of drama and distractions, much different than last year. Instead of dealing with rumors surrounding Biogenesis and participating in the World Baseball Classic, Gonzalez has been working out in Florida, eating a lot of Cuban food and playing catch with Jorge Posada. It sounds like the life.
But Gonzalez is just two weeks away now from reporting to spring training in Viera, Fla. and is ready to get started for the 2014 season. He’s thrilled to have Doug Fister in the Nats’ rotation and says it is still a very confident team despite their disappointing 2013 campaign.
Watch his one-on-one interview with Mark right here:
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?
- Nats begin search for their next manager