Jan 30, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
Gio Gonzalez has enjoyed an offseason free of drama and distractions, much different than last year. Instead of dealing with rumors surrounding Biogenesis and participating in the World Baseball Classic, Gonzalez has been working out in Florida, eating a lot of Cuban food and playing catch with Jorge Posada. It sounds like the life.
But Gonzalez is just two weeks away now from reporting to spring training in Viera, Fla. and is ready to get started for the 2014 season. He’s thrilled to have Doug Fister in the Nats’ rotation and says it is still a very confident team despite their disappointing 2013 campaign.
Watch his one-on-one interview with Mark right here:
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend