Jan 31, 2014, 11:39 AM EST
Danny Espinosa came to Nats Fest last weekend a motivated man. He’s been told by both Matt Williams and Mike Rizzo he’ll have a chance to win the starting job at second base, and seems both thrilled and re-energized by the opportunity.
Espinosa spoke with Mark in a one-on-one interview about his goals for spring, as well as how much his health affected him last season. He also goes into how supportive the fans were at Nats Fest and how much he appreciates their positive encouragement as he prepares for the season.
Watch the video right here:
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth pleads guilty to reckless driving, will serve jail time
- Williams to host Super Bowl party with Mark Wahlberg & Michael Bay
- Marlins introduce Ichiro in Japan: 'His body says he’s 30 or less'
- Nats roster preview: Wilson Ramos
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers