Jan 31, 2014, 11:39 AM EDT
Danny Espinosa came to Nats Fest last weekend a motivated man. He’s been told by both Matt Williams and Mike Rizzo he’ll have a chance to win the starting job at second base, and seems both thrilled and re-energized by the opportunity.
Espinosa spoke with Mark in a one-on-one interview about his goals for spring, as well as how much his health affected him last season. He also goes into how supportive the fans were at Nats Fest and how much he appreciates their positive encouragement as he prepares for the season.
Watch the video right here:
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards
- Zimmerman, LaRoche homers lift Nationals over Atlanta
- Nationals split-squads face Braves, Cardinals
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology