Jan 31, 2014, 11:39 AM EDT
Danny Espinosa came to Nats Fest last weekend a motivated man. He’s been told by both Matt Williams and Mike Rizzo he’ll have a chance to win the starting job at second base, and seems both thrilled and re-energized by the opportunity.
Espinosa spoke with Mark in a one-on-one interview about his goals for spring, as well as how much his health affected him last season. He also goes into how supportive the fans were at Nats Fest and how much he appreciates their positive encouragement as he prepares for the season.
Watch the video right here:
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale
- The Baseball Show: Is NL East up for grabs?