Feb 2, 2014, 9:48 AM EDT
Jayson Werth joined Mark for a one-on-one interview at last weekend’s Nats Fest, and as usual provided a great perspective on the state of the team. He thinks the Nationals underachieved last season, but could be better off now because of their struggles.
“We grew a lot as a team, we learned a lot as a team. Our younger players gained experience,” he said. ”I just think we learned a lot last year and that’s going to help us moving forward.”
Werth also talked about the continued growth of the Nationals’ fanbase and what he expects from Matt Williams in his first year as manager.
Check the video out here:
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards
- Zimmerman, LaRoche homers lift Nationals over Atlanta
- Nationals split-squads face Braves, Cardinals
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros