Feb 2, 2014, 9:48 AM EDT
Jayson Werth joined Mark for a one-on-one interview at last weekend’s Nats Fest, and as usual provided a great perspective on the state of the team. He thinks the Nationals underachieved last season, but could be better off now because of their struggles.
“We grew a lot as a team, we learned a lot as a team. Our younger players gained experience,” he said. “I just think we learned a lot last year and that’s going to help us moving forward.”
Werth also talked about the continued growth of the Nationals’ fanbase and what he expects from Matt Williams in his first year as manager.
Check the video out here:
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Another Nats injury: Zimmerman banged up on diving play at first
- Former Nats All-Star wins closer job with Oakland Athletics
- Harper back in lineup as Nats face Cards
- Nats make 6 cuts as roster begins to take shape
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount