Feb 2, 2014, 9:48 AM EDT
Jayson Werth joined Mark for a one-on-one interview at last weekend’s Nats Fest, and as usual provided a great perspective on the state of the team. He thinks the Nationals underachieved last season, but could be better off now because of their struggles.
“We grew a lot as a team, we learned a lot as a team. Our younger players gained experience,” he said. “I just think we learned a lot last year and that’s going to help us moving forward.”
Werth also talked about the continued growth of the Nationals’ fanbase and what he expects from Matt Williams in his first year as manager.
Check the video out here:
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Slumping Nats already 7 games back in NL East
- Bats silent in 8-0 Marlins win over Washington
- Thumb swollen, Scherzer can't throw in bullpen
- Nationals try to get back on track in Miami
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times