Feb 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
At Nats Fest 2013, outfielder Denard Span met many of his then-new teammates for the first time. He had recently been acquired in a trade with the Minnesota Twins and was switching organizations and leagues.
Now with a full year in Washington under his belt, Span is much more comfortable heading into this season with a better idea of what to expect. There will be an adjustment with having a new manager, but he likes the continuity for the Nats as they approach 2014. Span was excellent in the second half of last season with a .302 batting average after the All-Star break. He hopes to carry over that success to the beginning of this year.
Here is Mark’s one-on-one interview with Span from January’s Nats Fest:
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins