Feb 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
At Nats Fest 2013, outfielder Denard Span met many of his then-new teammates for the first time. He had recently been acquired in a trade with the Minnesota Twins and was switching organizations and leagues.
Now with a full year in Washington under his belt, Span is much more comfortable heading into this season with a better idea of what to expect. There will be an adjustment with having a new manager, but he likes the continuity for the Nats as they approach 2014. Span was excellent in the second half of last season with a .302 batting average after the All-Star break. He hopes to carry over that success to the beginning of this year.
Here is Mark’s one-on-one interview with Span from January’s Nats Fest:
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg talks signing of Max Scherzer, rise of Nats as franchise
- Why the Nationals don't use the shift more
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem
- Marlins ace Fernandez takes big step in Tommy John recovery
- Now a Dodger, Rollins says another NL East team was his 2nd choice
- Ex-Nats prospect could start for Braves in CF
- Harper wants to be a one team player
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other