Feb 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
At Nats Fest 2013, outfielder Denard Span met many of his then-new teammates for the first time. He had recently been acquired in a trade with the Minnesota Twins and was switching organizations and leagues.
Now with a full year in Washington under his belt, Span is much more comfortable heading into this season with a better idea of what to expect. There will be an adjustment with having a new manager, but he likes the continuity for the Nats as they approach 2014. Span was excellent in the second half of last season with a .302 batting average after the All-Star break. He hopes to carry over that success to the beginning of this year.
Here is Mark’s one-on-one interview with Span from January’s Nats Fest:
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers
- PHOTOS: Bryce Harper attends Clippers game, meets Blake Griffin
- Big decisions to make for Nats after Scherzer signing
- Scherzer talked to Fister, Thornton before joining Nationals
- Ichiro Suzuki, former Nats OF Jonny Gomes land in NL East
- Boras' 'internal rating' system says Nats have MLB's best rotation
- Nationals sign former All-Star reliever to minor league deal
- Scherzer signing shows Nats' continued growth as a franchise