Feb 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
At Nats Fest 2013, outfielder Denard Span met many of his then-new teammates for the first time. He had recently been acquired in a trade with the Minnesota Twins and was switching organizations and leagues.
Now with a full year in Washington under his belt, Span is much more comfortable heading into this season with a better idea of what to expect. There will be an adjustment with having a new manager, but he likes the continuity for the Nats as they approach 2014. Span was excellent in the second half of last season with a .302 batting average after the All-Star break. He hopes to carry over that success to the beginning of this year.
Here is Mark’s one-on-one interview with Span from January’s Nats Fest:
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series