Feb 4, 2014, 12:19 PM EST
2013 was a long season for Nationals reliever Drew Storen as he posted the worst numbers of his career and was sent down to Triple-A to figure out his problems. But over the final five weeks of the season Storen was excellent, he looked like his old self and closed the year on a positive note.
Storen is excited to get back to work and see if that success can carry over in 2014. He spoke with Mark at Nats Fest in a one-on-one interview about his expectations for the season both individually and for the team. He thinks the way he ended last season was a precursor for a big year in 2014.
Watch the video right here:
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology
- Dr. Jobe's impact on baseball was immeasurable
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful
- Projecting Nats' roster midway through spring