Feb 19, 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
The Nationals’ bullpen was a bit of a liability last season, just one year after being a major strength for the club. They had issues with righty/lefty balance and an overall lack of depth.
This year the Nats hope they’ve fixed those problems, bringing in Jerry Blevins to a unit that will also have one more year of experience. In this video Mark talks with Blevins, Tyler Clippard, Drew Storen and pitching coach Steve McCatty about their expectations for 2014.
Check it out right here:
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- As Nationals soar, so does dominant Storen
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1
- Nats pregame music choice irks Phillies, they promise payback
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly