Feb 20, 2014, 12:36 PM EDT
After seeing Homer Bailey sign a six-year, $105 million deal with the Cincinnati Reds this week, it was hard not to think about Jordan Zimmermann’s value with the Nationals. Zimmermann signed a two-year deal with the Nats this offseason, but is still without a long-term extension.
Zimmermann discussed his contract with Mark in a one-on-one interview down in Viera, Fla. yesterday. He says it is a non-issue at this point, that it’s all about the 2014 season for him.
Watch the video right here:
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giants surge past Royals 11-4 to tie Series 2-all
- Nationals Arizona Fall League update
- Royals edge Giants 3-2 for 2-1 World Series lead
- Nationals roster review: Kevin Frandsen
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest