Feb 20, 2014, 12:36 PM EDT
After seeing Homer Bailey sign a six-year, $105 million deal with the Cincinnati Reds this week, it was hard not to think about Jordan Zimmermann’s value with the Nationals. Zimmermann signed a two-year deal with the Nats this offseason, but is still without a long-term extension.
Zimmermann discussed his contract with Mark in a one-on-one interview down in Viera, Fla. yesterday. He says it is a non-issue at this point, that it’s all about the 2014 season for him.
Watch the video right here:
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB Power Rankings: Hamels, Price, Tulo all get traded
- A formula that could work wonders for Nats
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through