Feb 21, 2014, 1:53 PM EDT
Nationals manger Matt Williams is approaching spring training with a lot more structure this season, perhaps a little more than the team is used to. He has them working on fundamentals early on, getting the team back to basics as they begin the new year.
So far Williams is pleased with the Nationals players’ effort and says they are buying in to his coaching philosophy.
“I want them to just trust the process of what we are doing here,” he said.
Watch the full video right here:
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche