Feb 23, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
With a new baseball season around the corner, it’s time to try some new things. At CSN we cover the Nationals on a variety of platforms, so why not start a podcast?
I, Chase Hughes, along with Tim Murray of ESPN 980 have done just that. This week we recorded the first episode of our new show. We call it ‘Baseball in The District.’ We hope you’ll give it a listen each week throughout the 2014 baseball season.
In this first episode we welcomed USA Today national baseball writer Steve Gardner on as our guest. Gardner is great on a lot of subjects around MLB, and also has great insight on fantasy baseball. We asked him about expectations for the Nationals, the fantasy value of some of their best players, as well as Jordan Zimmermann’s value on the open market.
Other topics we discussed were Mike Rizzo’s trade history as GM of the Nationals and what Ubaldo Jimenez will bring to the Orioles.
Please check it out right here:
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal
- Zimmerman getting used to working with fellow infielders at 1B
- Zimmermann ready for game action after live BP, including one hit batter
- Strasburg talks signing of Max Scherzer, rise of Nats as franchise
- Why the Nationals don't use the shift more
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem