Feb 23, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
With a new baseball season around the corner, it’s time to try some new things. At CSN we cover the Nationals on a variety of platforms, so why not start a podcast?
I, Chase Hughes, along with Tim Murray of ESPN 980 have done just that. This week we recorded the first episode of our new show. We call it ‘Baseball in The District.’ We hope you’ll give it a listen each week throughout the 2014 baseball season.
In this first episode we welcomed USA Today national baseball writer Steve Gardner on as our guest. Gardner is great on a lot of subjects around MLB, and also has great insight on fantasy baseball. We asked him about expectations for the Nationals, the fantasy value of some of their best players, as well as Jordan Zimmermann’s value on the open market.
Other topics we discussed were Mike Rizzo’s trade history as GM of the Nationals and what Ubaldo Jimenez will bring to the Orioles.
Please check it out right here:
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series
- Nationals roster review: Jayson Werth
- LaRoche hopes to be a National 'for the rest of my career'