Feb 23, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
With a new baseball season around the corner, it’s time to try some new things. At CSN we cover the Nationals on a variety of platforms, so why not start a podcast?
I, Chase Hughes, along with Tim Murray of ESPN 980 have done just that. This week we recorded the first episode of our new show. We call it ‘Baseball in The District.’ We hope you’ll give it a listen each week throughout the 2014 baseball season.
In this first episode we welcomed USA Today national baseball writer Steve Gardner on as our guest. Gardner is great on a lot of subjects around MLB, and also has great insight on fantasy baseball. We asked him about expectations for the Nationals, the fantasy value of some of their best players, as well as Jordan Zimmermann’s value on the open market.
Other topics we discussed were Mike Rizzo’s trade history as GM of the Nationals and what Ubaldo Jimenez will bring to the Orioles.
Please check it out right here:
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' minor league affiliate playoff schedules released
- Fister faces Kershaw in marquee matchup
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September