Feb 23, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
With a new baseball season around the corner, it’s time to try some new things. At CSN we cover the Nationals on a variety of platforms, so why not start a podcast?
I, Chase Hughes, along with Tim Murray of ESPN 980 have done just that. This week we recorded the first episode of our new show. We call it ‘Baseball in The District.’ We hope you’ll give it a listen each week throughout the 2014 baseball season.
In this first episode we welcomed USA Today national baseball writer Steve Gardner on as our guest. Gardner is great on a lot of subjects around MLB, and also has great insight on fantasy baseball. We asked him about expectations for the Nationals, the fantasy value of some of their best players, as well as Jordan Zimmermann’s value on the open market.
Other topics we discussed were Mike Rizzo’s trade history as GM of the Nationals and what Ubaldo Jimenez will bring to the Orioles.
Please check it out right here:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett