Feb 23, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman joined Mark for a one-on-one interview at Nationals spring training to look back on last season and give an update on his shoulder. As far as the shoulder goes, Zimmerman has some interesting stuff on how long it took to get healthy last season.
Zimmerman tells Mark that he thought he would be healthy by Opening Day after having surgery, only to find out it would then be a few more months. Then he was told he would be 100 percent by June, but it was more like July or August when it full healed. Having that uncertainty drag out over the course of the season weighed on him, he says.
“I learned a lot about myself,” Zimmerman said. “I feel like if I can make it through something like that, I can make it through anything.”
Watch the interview here:
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason