Feb 23, 2014, 12:10 PM EST
Ryan Zimmerman joined Mark for a one-on-one interview at Nationals spring training to look back on last season and give an update on his shoulder. As far as the shoulder goes, Zimmerman has some interesting stuff on how long it took to get healthy last season.
Zimmerman tells Mark that he thought he would be healthy by Opening Day after having surgery, only to find out it would then be a few more months. Then he was told he would be 100 percent by June, but it was more like July or August when it full healed. Having that uncertainty drag out over the course of the season weighed on him, he says.
“I learned a lot about myself,” Zimmerman said. “I feel like if I can make it through something like that, I can make it through anything.”
Watch the interview here:
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'