Feb 24, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
VIERA, Fla. — Tyler Clippard threw off a bullpen mound today, showing no ill effects of a minor back injury that had sidelined him nearly a week ago.
“All normal,” the Nationals reliever said. “I mean, I need to iron out some pitching stuff. But physically, I feel good.”
Clippard had been restricted since tweaking his back Tuesday, an injury the right-hander never feared was serious but did benefit from a few days of rest.
“From the get-go, I wasn’t really that worried,” he said. “It was just precautionary stuff, and then the training staff kind of went overboard with it.”
Having participated fully in Sunday’s workout and then thrown his bullpen session today, Clippard is ready to resume a normal spring schedule. Though he’s behind his teammates by several days, he pointed out he already was on a slower timeframe to build up his arm, not needing to stretch himself out like starters and long relievers.
“There’s not really any catching up,” he said. “I was going to be a little behind schedule with everybody else anyway, because that’s just how I like to do it. So there’s really no catching up. I’m just on schedule.”
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Craig Stammen signs minor league deal with Cleveland
- Report: Tyler Clippard signs deal with NL West club
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Joe Ross take the next step?
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies