Feb 24, 2014, 11:28 AM EDT
Yesterday Mark wrote a feature on shortstop Ian Desmond, how the 28-year-old has come a long way in the Nationals’ organization. It took him years to become an elite player at his position after many had written him off as a prospect.
Today we have some of Mark’s one-on-one interview with Desmond that aired in last night’s Geico SportsNet Central. In this clip he recalls the road it took to establish himself as a big leaguer.
Watch it here:
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche