Feb 24, 2014, 11:28 AM EST
Yesterday Mark wrote a feature on shortstop Ian Desmond, how the 28-year-old has come a long way in the Nationals’ organization. It took him years to become an elite player at his position after many had written him off as a prospect.
Today we have some of Mark’s one-on-one interview with Desmond that aired in last night’s Geico SportsNet Central. In this clip he recalls the road it took to establish himself as a big leaguer.
Watch it here:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals
- Rizzo happy to bring reliever Sean Burnett back to Nats