Feb 26, 2014, 1:16 PM EDT
In the latest episode of ‘Baseball in The District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I were joined by Aaron Fitt of Baseball America. Fitt is an expert on college baseball and MLB farm systems.
Fitt talked extensively about Lucas Giolito and what we should expect from him this season, as well as his own story about the Phillies reporting amateur players to the NCAA. He also discussed the MLB talent at No. 1 University of Virginia and the potential of Jameis Winston as a baseball prospect.
Before we were joined by Fitt, Tim and I talked about the comments Bryce Harper made to Comcast SportsNet last week. For your reference, here is the original story and video including Harper’s quotes.
After Fitt, Tim and I went through the Nationals farm system to look at which prospects could make their debut at the major league level this season.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fister pitches Nationals to 2nd straight 1-0 win over Mets
- Span returns to Nats lineup after missing several games
- Gonzalez' pitching leads Nats over Mets
- Anthony Rendon has another setback in rehab from MCL sprain
- Gio starts as Nationals face Mets in New York
- Nats have had enough of the 8th inning
- Nats fall to Mets as Harvey bests Scherzer
- MLB amends rule involving Nats' top prospect
- Scherzer faces Harvey in marquee matchup
- Good news for Nats regarding Anthony Rendon's rehab