Feb 26, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
In the latest episode of ‘Baseball in The District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I were joined by Aaron Fitt of Baseball America. Fitt is an expert on college baseball and MLB farm systems.
Fitt talked extensively about Lucas Giolito and what we should expect from him this season, as well as his own story about the Phillies reporting amateur players to the NCAA. He also discussed the MLB talent at No. 1 University of Virginia and the potential of Jameis Winston as a baseball prospect.
Before we were joined by Fitt, Tim and I talked about the comments Bryce Harper made to Comcast SportsNet last week. For your reference, here is the original story and video including Harper’s quotes.
After Fitt, Tim and I went through the Nationals farm system to look at which prospects could make their debut at the major league level this season.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trio of pitching greats on new Hall of Fame ballot
- Who is the Nats' best player at his position?
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer