Feb 26, 2014, 1:16 PM EDT
In the latest episode of ‘Baseball in The District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I were joined by Aaron Fitt of Baseball America. Fitt is an expert on college baseball and MLB farm systems.
Fitt talked extensively about Lucas Giolito and what we should expect from him this season, as well as his own story about the Phillies reporting amateur players to the NCAA. He also discussed the MLB talent at No. 1 University of Virginia and the potential of Jameis Winston as a baseball prospect.
Before we were joined by Fitt, Tim and I talked about the comments Bryce Harper made to Comcast SportsNet last week. For your reference, here is the original story and video including Harper’s quotes.
After Fitt, Tim and I went through the Nationals farm system to look at which prospects could make their debut at the major league level this season.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB Power Rankings: Marlins falling, Phillies rising
- Where the Nats stand at the quarter pole
- Mark Zuckerman gives his take on Harper, Williams ejections
- Harper stories from his college teammate, Chasen Shreve
- Scherzer on his start, chocolate sauce & Harper-Miggy
- That time Stephen Strasburg was on Letterman
- After shaky 1st inning, Zimmermann cruises
- Nationals Stock Watch: Other hot bats besides Harper
- Hershey's pitches in to help Nationals continue sweet celebrations
- Harper, Williams strongly disagree with ejections from win vs. Yankees