Feb 26, 2014, 1:16 PM EDT
In the latest episode of ‘Baseball in The District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I were joined by Aaron Fitt of Baseball America. Fitt is an expert on college baseball and MLB farm systems.
Fitt talked extensively about Lucas Giolito and what we should expect from him this season, as well as his own story about the Phillies reporting amateur players to the NCAA. He also discussed the MLB talent at No. 1 University of Virginia and the potential of Jameis Winston as a baseball prospect.
Before we were joined by Fitt, Tim and I talked about the comments Bryce Harper made to Comcast SportsNet last week. For your reference, here is the original story and video including Harper’s quotes.
After Fitt, Tim and I went through the Nationals farm system to look at which prospects could make their debut at the major league level this season.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals Arizona Fall League update
- Royals edge Giants 3-2 for 2-1 World Series lead
- Nationals roster review: Kevin Frandsen
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists