Feb 26, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
Denard Span’s 2013 season with the Nationals was a tale of two very different halves. Before the All-Star break Span hit just .263 and found himself pushed to the back of Davey Johnson’s lineup. But in the second half of the season Span hit .302 and posted a .750 OPS. He also recorded the longest hit streak of last year in MLB at 29 games.
This year Span is entering his second season with the Nationals and hopes that comfort level can help him get off to a strong start. He spoke about expectations for this season in a one-on-one interview with Mark in Viera, Fla.
Check it out here:
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Harper hangs with Jordan, Jeter, Manning, RG3 & others
- Report: NL West team still talking to Phillies about Hamels
- Braves' Freeman: 'I think we’re going to surprise a lot of people'
- 2015 outlook: Miami Marlins
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Nate McLouth
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Kevin Frandsen
- Watch Werth arrive at jail in Fairfax to begin sentence
- Braves trade Hale, sign former Nats catcher
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Angels