Mar 5, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
In the third installment of ‘Baseball in The District,’ Tim Murray and I are joined by Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution to get a peak behind enemy lines at Braves spring training. After entering last season a bit under the radar, the Braves now have a target on their backs as the reigning champions of the National League East.
Before Rogers joins on, Tim and I discuss the Nationals most notable position battles. We go over the early returns for the competition at second base, the fifth starter spot, as well as the final jobs in the bullpen.
After our interview with Rogers, we go over MLB’s new field-tracking system and a recent Baseball Prospectus article comparing the Nats’ talent under the age of 25 to their rivals.
In addition to ‘Baseball in The District’ being available on CSNwashington, Nats Insider, and ESPN 980, you can also find it on iTunes. Just search the name of the show and it should appear under ESPN’s Audio Vault.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- With Zimmermann gone, what happens to Nats rotation?
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers
- Report: Zimmermann in serious talks with AL team