Mar 5, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
In the third installment of ‘Baseball in The District,’ Tim Murray and I are joined by Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution to get a peak behind enemy lines at Braves spring training. After entering last season a bit under the radar, the Braves now have a target on their backs as the reigning champions of the National League East.
Before Rogers joins on, Tim and I discuss the Nationals most notable position battles. We go over the early returns for the competition at second base, the fifth starter spot, as well as the final jobs in the bullpen.
After our interview with Rogers, we go over MLB’s new field-tracking system and a recent Baseball Prospectus article comparing the Nats’ talent under the age of 25 to their rivals.
In addition to ‘Baseball in The District’ being available on CSNwashington, Nats Insider, and ESPN 980, you can also find it on iTunes. Just search the name of the show and it should appear under ESPN’s Audio Vault.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera
- Nationals react to Detwiler and LaRoche leaving this offseason