Mar 6, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
It’s been a stormy day across the state of Florida, and several of this afternoon’s Grapefruit League games were canceled as a result. The Nationals, though, are scheduled to play this evening at Disney World, and for now the game remains on schedule.
Assuming they’re able to get this one in, Jordan Zimmermann and Julio Teheran will square off for the second time in five days. Zimmermann cruised through his 2-inning spring debut against the Braves on Saturday; tonight he’ll extend himself another inning and again try to keep this potent Atlanta lineup in check.
Matt Williams left most of his regulars behind in Viera, but he’ll want to get a good look at several of the guys starting tonight, especially Danny Espinosa. Espinosa enters this game 0-for-10 on the spring, but he has hit the ball hard on several occasions, has struck out just once and has impressed Williams and the coaching staff with his willingness to hit to the opposite field more.
Enjoy the game and the conversation…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. ATLANTA BRAVES
Where: Disney’s Wide World of Sports, Lake Buena Vista
Gametime: 6:05 p.m. EST
Radio: MLB.com (Braves’ feed)
Weather: Thunderstorms, 70 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to CF
2B Anthony Rendon
SS Danny Espinosa
CF Nate McLouth
1B Tyler Moore
3B Will Rhymes
LF Scott Hairston
C Jose Lobaton
DH Brock Peterson
RF Steven Souza Jr.
(RHP Jordan Zimmermann)
RF Jason Heyward
DH Justin Upton
1B Freddie Freeman
C Evan Gattis
3B Chris Johnson
2B Dan Uggla
SS Andrelton Simmons
LF Todd Cunningham
CF Matt Lipka
(RHP Julio Teheran)
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper breaks out patriotic bat for the Fourth -- and it works
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Strasburg on mound for July 4th special
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going