Mar 6, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
It’s been a stormy day across the state of Florida, and several of this afternoon’s Grapefruit League games were canceled as a result. The Nationals, though, are scheduled to play this evening at Disney World, and for now the game remains on schedule.
Assuming they’re able to get this one in, Jordan Zimmermann and Julio Teheran will square off for the second time in five days. Zimmermann cruised through his 2-inning spring debut against the Braves on Saturday; tonight he’ll extend himself another inning and again try to keep this potent Atlanta lineup in check.
Matt Williams left most of his regulars behind in Viera, but he’ll want to get a good look at several of the guys starting tonight, especially Danny Espinosa. Espinosa enters this game 0-for-10 on the spring, but he has hit the ball hard on several occasions, has struck out just once and has impressed Williams and the coaching staff with his willingness to hit to the opposite field more.
Enjoy the game and the conversation…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. ATLANTA BRAVES
Where: Disney’s Wide World of Sports, Lake Buena Vista
Gametime: 6:05 p.m. EST
Radio: MLB.com (Braves’ feed)
Weather: Thunderstorms, 70 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to CF
2B Anthony Rendon
SS Danny Espinosa
CF Nate McLouth
1B Tyler Moore
3B Will Rhymes
LF Scott Hairston
C Jose Lobaton
DH Brock Peterson
RF Steven Souza Jr.
(RHP Jordan Zimmermann)
RF Jason Heyward
DH Justin Upton
1B Freddie Freeman
C Evan Gattis
3B Chris Johnson
2B Dan Uggla
SS Andrelton Simmons
LF Todd Cunningham
CF Matt Lipka
(RHP Julio Teheran)
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?
- Nats begin search for their next manager