Mar 9, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg makes his second start of the spring this afternoon, looking to build up his arm a bit more, likely slated for three innings of work against the Cardinals. The right-hander, who tossed two scoreless frames against the Braves on Tuesday, will again look to use his newly developed slider on occasion.
Several regulars are in Matt Williams’ lineup against St. Louis right-hander Joe Kelly, including Anthony Rendon, Ian Desmond, Jayson Werth and Wilson Ramos. Desmond is hitting second once again, and Williams told reporters in Viera this morning he is considering using the shortstop there once the season begins.
Enjoy the game on TV and radio today, and enjoy the conversation here as always…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EST
TV: MASN, MLB Network
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM
Weather: Mostly sunny, 71 degrees, Wind 8 mph LF to RF
3B Anthony Rendon
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
C Wilson Ramos
2B Danny Espinosa
1B Brock Peterson
DH Scott Hairston
LF Nate McLouth
CF Eury Perez
(RHP Stephen Strasburg)
CF Peter Bourjos
2B Kolten Wong
DH Allen Craig
1B Scott Moore
RF Shane Robinson
3B Daniel Descalso
LF Joey Butler
C Tony Cruz
SS Pete Kozma
(RHP Joe Kelly)
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?