Mar 9, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg makes his second start of the spring this afternoon, looking to build up his arm a bit more, likely slated for three innings of work against the Cardinals. The right-hander, who tossed two scoreless frames against the Braves on Tuesday, will again look to use his newly developed slider on occasion.
Several regulars are in Matt Williams’ lineup against St. Louis right-hander Joe Kelly, including Anthony Rendon, Ian Desmond, Jayson Werth and Wilson Ramos. Desmond is hitting second once again, and Williams told reporters in Viera this morning he is considering using the shortstop there once the season begins.
Enjoy the game on TV and radio today, and enjoy the conversation here as always…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EST
TV: MASN, MLB Network
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM
Weather: Mostly sunny, 71 degrees, Wind 8 mph LF to RF
3B Anthony Rendon
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
C Wilson Ramos
2B Danny Espinosa
1B Brock Peterson
DH Scott Hairston
LF Nate McLouth
CF Eury Perez
(RHP Stephen Strasburg)
CF Peter Bourjos
2B Kolten Wong
DH Allen Craig
1B Scott Moore
RF Shane Robinson
3B Daniel Descalso
LF Joey Butler
C Tony Cruz
SS Pete Kozma
(RHP Joe Kelly)
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m. TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Depleted Nationals lineup shut out by Marlins
- Nationals can't fight back against Marlins, lose 3-0
- Werth out but says ankle sprain isn't serious
- Strasburg takes mound for big start vs. Marlins
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start
- Around the NL East: Which team will make a big splash via trade?
- After meltdown, Nationals must bounce back
- Werth hopes to play Tuesday after spraining ankle
- Nationals surrender four runs in 9th, fall 7-6 to Marlins
- Span proving skeptics wrong with summer surge