Mar 10, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
They’ll play under the lights tonight at Space Coast Stadium, where the Nationals host the Astros in a rare, spring training evening game. Gio Gonzalez is on the mound for the Nats, making his second Grapefruit League start after tossing two scoreless innings against the Mets on Wednesday.
We tend to focus on the pitchers during spring training, but it should be noted that most of the Nationals’ lineup regulars have been awful productive at the plate so far. That includes several guys playing tonight, including Denard Span (6-for-15, two stolen bases), Bryce Harper (3-for-11, one homer, .429 OBP), Ryan Zimmerman (6-for-16, one homer), Adam LaRoche (5-for-15, two homers) and Zach Walters (7-for-12, 1.810 OPS).
We’ll see if that production can be sustained over the final 2 1/2 weeks of camp. Enjoy the game tonight and the conversation right here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. HOUSTON ASTROS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 6:05 p.m. EST
Radio: 1580 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 69 degrees, Wind 8 mph LF to RF
CF Denard Span
SS Jamey Carroll
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
2B Zach Walters
C Jose Lobaton
DH Jhonatan Solano
RF Steven Souza Jr.
(LHP Gio Gonzalez)
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche