Mar 14, 2014, 9:52 PM EDT
Nationals owner Mark Lerner joined Comcast SportsNet’s broadcast of the Wizards and Magic game on Friday night to talk with Steve Buckhantz and Phil Chenier about the new season. He discussed everything from World Series expectations to whether the Nats will get an All-Star Game in the near future. He was also asked for the first time about whether the Nationals are indeed hoping to add a retractable roof to Nats Park.
Here is what he said about the roof proposal:
“I don’t believe it’s gonna happen. We inquired, we’re always looking to do things that are unique. It was a way to have more events at Nationals Park, but it was just an idea. It was an idea we were throwing around in a room. It wasn’t that we specifically asked for it, we were just talking about it.”
Watch the video here:
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- When will slow-developing bats come around?
- At 7-12, Nationals still searching for answers
- Marlins 6, Nats 2: Another misplay opens the floodgates
- Must-win? Sunday's game may be that for Nats
- Scherzer doubtful for Tuesday's start
- Slumping Nats already 7 games back in NL East
- Bats silent in 8-0 Marlins win over Washington
- Thumb swollen, Scherzer can't throw in bullpen
- Nationals try to get back on track in Miami
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats