Mar 15, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Today the Nationals and Marlins will send their aces to the mound as both Stephen Strasburg and Jose Fernandez are nearing the home stretch towards Opening Day. The game is not on television unfortunately, but you will be able to listen to the Marlins’ broadcast through MLB.com.
The Nats have sent a decent amount of regulars to Jupiter with Anthony Rendon, Ryan Zimmerman, Bryce Harper, Wilson Ramos and Adam LaRoche all in the lineup. Rounding it out are Danny Espinosa who is playing shortstop, Steven Souza, Nate McLouth and Will Rhymes.
Both Strasburg and Fernandez have been razor sharp thus far through spring. Strasburg has allowed just one earned run on three hits in two starts, and Fernandez has pitched 5 1/3 scoreless innings through two games.
Enjoy the conversation here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
Radio: MLB.com (Marlins’ feed)
Weather: Mostly sunny, 75 degrees, Wind 10 mph
2B Anthony Rendon
SS Danny Espinosa
DH Ryan Zimmerman
LF Bryce Harper
C Wilson Ramos
1B Adam LaRoche
RF Steven Souza
CF Nate McLouth
3B Will Rhymes
(RHP Stephen Strasburg)
2B Rafael Furcal
2B Donovan Solano
C Jarrod Saltalamacchia
DH Casey McGehee
CF Marcell Ozuna
RF Brian Bogusevic
LF Reed Johnson
1B Ty Winnington
3B Josh Rodriguez
(RHP Jose Fernandez)
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB Power Rankings: More movement in AL East
- Ross shines against former team, pulled early for innings limit
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall
- Updated: Escobar leaves Nats-Padres game with injury
- Span sits to rest sore back; other Nats injury notes
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally