Mar 15, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Today the Nationals and Marlins will send their aces to the mound as both Stephen Strasburg and Jose Fernandez are nearing the home stretch towards Opening Day. The game is not on television unfortunately, but you will be able to listen to the Marlins’ broadcast through MLB.com.
The Nats have sent a decent amount of regulars to Jupiter with Anthony Rendon, Ryan Zimmerman, Bryce Harper, Wilson Ramos and Adam LaRoche all in the lineup. Rounding it out are Danny Espinosa who is playing shortstop, Steven Souza, Nate McLouth and Will Rhymes.
Both Strasburg and Fernandez have been razor sharp thus far through spring. Strasburg has allowed just one earned run on three hits in two starts, and Fernandez has pitched 5 1/3 scoreless innings through two games.
Enjoy the conversation here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
Radio: MLB.com (Marlins’ feed)
Weather: Mostly sunny, 75 degrees, Wind 10 mph
2B Anthony Rendon
SS Danny Espinosa
DH Ryan Zimmerman
LF Bryce Harper
C Wilson Ramos
1B Adam LaRoche
RF Steven Souza
CF Nate McLouth
3B Will Rhymes
(RHP Stephen Strasburg)
2B Rafael Furcal
2B Donovan Solano
C Jarrod Saltalamacchia
DH Casey McGehee
CF Marcell Ozuna
RF Brian Bogusevic
LF Reed Johnson
1B Ty Winnington
3B Josh Rodriguez
(RHP Jose Fernandez)
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1
- Nats pregame music choice irks Phillies, they promise payback
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes