Mar 15, 2014, 3:23 PM EDT
Cardinals pitcher Adam Wainwright joined Brian Mitchell for a one-on-one interview on SportsTalk Live this week to talk about the new season and his partnership with Mizuno gloves. The first three minutes or so are about the Cardinals and his expectations for them this year, but he then gets into some Nationals subjects.
On Stephen Strasburg, Wainwright referred to him as a “freak.”
“He’s been given an arm from the Gods,” Wainwright said. “He’s a guy who has an arm that everyone is kind of envious of.”
Wainwright was also asked about Bryce Harper, a guy who happens to have a lot of success against the ace. Harper is 8-for-16 vs. Wainwright with two doubles and a home run.
Wainwright said he approached Harper with a question during a Nats and Cardinals series last season.
“‘Hey can you just relax a little bit and let me get through some lineups without you making it so tough?’ We had a good laugh about it.”
Check it out:
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?
- Nats begin search for their next manager
- A rocky two years: Matt Williams' tenure as Nats manager
- Cross Scioscia off list of potential Nats manager candidates
- Rizzo on firing Williams as manager: 'A tough day'
- Nats leaning toward manager with experience
- Report: Nats will look at Cal Ripken for managerial job
- Jordan Zimmermann releases touching statement thanking DC
- Could Nats hire Francona or Scioscia as manager?