Mar 17, 2014, 12:37 PM EST
It’s snowing in D.C., and it’s raining down in Florida, putting today’s game in Lakeland at least somewhat in jeopardy. If they do get started, it’ll be Tanner Roark on the mound for the Nationals, going up against a Tigers lineup that today includes Torii Hunter and Miguel Cabrera.
Several Nats regulars made the trip. That includes Bryce Harper (hitting cleanup), Ian Desmond (once again hitting second) and Ryan Zimmerman (who after making his first-ever appearance at first base yesterday is serving as DH today).
Enjoy the game (it’s on Tigers radio today) and the conversation…
UPDATE AT 1:55 P.M. — The game has been rained out. It won’t be made up, so the Nationals (who were already scheduled to be off tomorrow) won’t be on the field again til Wednesday night.
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. DETROIT TIGERS
Where: Joker Marchant Stadium, Lakeland
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
Radio: MLB.com (Tigers’ feed)
Weather: Chance of storms, 77 degrees, Wind 20 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
SS Ian Desmond
DH Ryan Zimmerman
LF Bryce Harper
2B Danny Espinosa
1B Tyler Moore
3B Zach Walters
RF Jeff Kobernus
C Jhonatan Solano
(RHP Tanner Roark)
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Torii Hunter
1B Miguel Cabrera
C Alex Avila
CF Austin Jackson
3B Don Kelly
LF Tyler Collins
DH Bryan Holaday
SS Hernan Perez
(RHP Anibal Sanchez)
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals
- Rizzo happy to bring reliever Sean Burnett back to Nats