Mar 28, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
In the latest episode of ‘Baseball in The District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed Mets’ beat writer Adam Rubin of ESPN New York. Rubin gave us an update on Mets spring training and looked forward to Opening Day when the Nationals travel to New York to play at Citi Field.
Off the top Tim and I discussed ESPN’s recent article saying Bryce Harper is the most overrated player in baseball. We also looked at Harper’s poor spring numbers and whether they are a concern heading into the year.
After Rubin, Tim and I made some predictions for the new season, talked about Steve Lombardozzi joining the Orioles and gave our thoughts on MLB opening the season in Australia.
Please check it out:
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem
- Marlins ace Fernandez takes big step in Tommy John recovery
- Now a Dodger, Rollins says another NL East team was his 2nd choice
- Ex-Nats prospect could start for Braves in CF
- Harper wants to be a one team player
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal