Mar 28, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
In the latest episode of ‘Baseball in The District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed Mets’ beat writer Adam Rubin of ESPN New York. Rubin gave us an update on Mets spring training and looked forward to Opening Day when the Nationals travel to New York to play at Citi Field.
Off the top Tim and I discussed ESPN’s recent article saying Bryce Harper is the most overrated player in baseball. We also looked at Harper’s poor spring numbers and whether they are a concern heading into the year.
After Rubin, Tim and I made some predictions for the new season, talked about Steve Lombardozzi joining the Orioles and gave our thoughts on MLB opening the season in Australia.
Please check it out:
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- At 7-12, Nationals still searching for answers
- Marlins 6, Nats 2: Another misplay opens the floodgates
- Must-win? Sunday's game may be that for Nats
- Scherzer doubtful for Tuesday's start
- Slumping Nats already 7 games back in NL East
- Bats silent in 8-0 Marlins win over Washington
- Thumb swollen, Scherzer can't throw in bullpen
- Nationals try to get back on track in Miami
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss