Mar 29, 2014, 12:28 PM EDT
**Today’s game has been cancelled due to inclement weather at Nationals Park**
Checking in here at Nationals Park where the tarp is down and the rain is falling. If you saw my post earlier on the forecast, it is not looking great for the afternoon. There is a lot of precipitation expected.
The Nats have tweeted that they hope to get the game in as scheduled, but will monitor the situation over the next few hours. At 12:45 p.m. we are set to talk to Matt Williams and Stephen Strasburg about Opening Day. We expect an announcement soon about Doug Fister being placed on the 15-day disabled list. They also have to confirm the fact both Tanner Roark and Taylor Jordan will make the roster. Stay tuned for that.
Both Roark and Jordan are supposed to pitch today. We’ll see if they can get this one in. If they take the field, it will be against a decent crop of Tigers’ regulars including Miguel Cabrera.
Check back for updates…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. DETROIT TIGERS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 2:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 The Fan, WJFK 1580 AM
Weather: Rain/thunder, 56 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to RF
2B Ian Kinsler
RF Torii Hunter
1B Miguel Cabrera
DH Victor Martinez
CF Austin Jackson
C Alex Avila
3B Nick Castellanos
SS Andrew Romine
LF Rajai Davis
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Depleted Nationals lineup shut out by Marlins
- Nationals can't fight back against Marlins, lose 3-0
- Werth out but says ankle sprain isn't serious
- Strasburg takes mound for big start vs. Marlins
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start
- Around the NL East: Which team will make a big splash via trade?
- After meltdown, Nationals must bounce back
- Werth hopes to play Tuesday after spraining ankle
- Nationals surrender four runs in 9th, fall 7-6 to Marlins
- Span proving skeptics wrong with summer surge