Mar 29, 2014, 12:28 PM EDT
**Today’s game has been cancelled due to inclement weather at Nationals Park**
Checking in here at Nationals Park where the tarp is down and the rain is falling. If you saw my post earlier on the forecast, it is not looking great for the afternoon. There is a lot of precipitation expected.
The Nats have tweeted that they hope to get the game in as scheduled, but will monitor the situation over the next few hours. At 12:45 p.m. we are set to talk to Matt Williams and Stephen Strasburg about Opening Day. We expect an announcement soon about Doug Fister being placed on the 15-day disabled list. They also have to confirm the fact both Tanner Roark and Taylor Jordan will make the roster. Stay tuned for that.
Both Roark and Jordan are supposed to pitch today. We’ll see if they can get this one in. If they take the field, it will be against a decent crop of Tigers’ regulars including Miguel Cabrera.
Check back for updates…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. DETROIT TIGERS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 2:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 The Fan, WJFK 1580 AM
Weather: Rain/thunder, 56 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to RF
2B Ian Kinsler
RF Torii Hunter
1B Miguel Cabrera
DH Victor Martinez
CF Austin Jackson
C Alex Avila
3B Nick Castellanos
SS Andrew Romine
LF Rajai Davis
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game