Nats vs. Tigers — 3/29 (canceled)

Mar 29, 2014, 12:28 PM EDT

Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER

**Today’s game has been cancelled due to inclement weather at Nationals Park**

Checking in here at Nationals Park where the tarp is down and the rain is falling. If you saw my post earlier on the forecast, it is not looking great for the afternoon. There is a lot of precipitation expected.

The Nats have tweeted that they hope to get the game in as scheduled, but will monitor the situation over the next few hours. At 12:45 p.m. we are set to talk to Matt Williams and Stephen Strasburg about Opening Day. We expect an announcement soon about Doug Fister being placed on the 15-day disabled list. They also have to confirm the fact both Tanner Roark and Taylor Jordan will make the roster. Stay tuned for that.

Both Roark and Jordan are supposed to pitch today. We’ll see if they can get this one in. If they take the field, it will be against a decent crop of Tigers’ regulars including Miguel Cabrera.

Check back for updates…

C Alex Avila
3B Nick Castellanos
SS Andrew Romine
LF Rajai Davis
(Anibal Sanchez)

1. zmunchkin - Mar 29, 2014 at 12:42 PM

The fact that they have not cancelled the game given what the weather map looks like (hard rain starting around 2pm) is a sign that they have no respect for the fans.

• sjm308 - Mar 29, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Or the players – just one injury, major or minor in weather like this will bother me greatly!
      I could care less about losing an exhibition game in my package but losing a player is totally unacceptable.

2. Eric - Mar 29, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Looks like there’s a pretty sizeable gap in the radar…We’ll see…

3. philipd763 - Mar 29, 2014 at 1:41 PM

The entire east coat is a mess weather-wise. Here in Fl, it is raining just about every where. The Marlins-Yankees game just got cancelled over in Tampa. No wonder so many teams train in Arizona!

4. sjberke - Mar 29, 2014 at 1:53 PM

And weather.com shows a 90% chance of rain for NYC Monday.

• Eric - Mar 29, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Figures

• Eric - Mar 29, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Tues, Weds, and Thurs all look good though.

5. zmunchkin - Mar 29, 2014 at 2:01 PM

At the park. At 2pm it is raining hard and the tarp is still on. But the Nats weather hotline says the game will start on-time.

Yeah, right!

• sjm308 - Mar 29, 2014 at 2:02 PM

you are a braver fan than I – enjoy!!

• zmunchkin - Mar 29, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Braver is not the adjective I would use for myself right now :-).

6. sjm308 - Mar 29, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Well, not happy to be watching but seeing fans coming in with umbrellas and rain gear makes me feel a little better about missing this

FP’s first comment is what I believe and I hope he is right that they cancel this game

7. Candide - Mar 29, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Just for the record, sjm308 leads the league in this season’s games he’s planning to attend, with 20. I’m in second place with 11, and should be adding more this weekend.

Got your ticket package? Let the rest of us know when you’re going and where you’ll be sitting; click here and get thee to the Nats Insider Drinks Owed spreadsheet “Who’s Going” tab.

• zmunchkin - Mar 29, 2014 at 6:00 PM

I will add myself to that when I have a chance. As of now, I am going to 29 games.

8. Section 222 - Mar 29, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Game cancelled per Mark’s tweet. Chase posting update in 3… 2…

9. Section 222 - Mar 29, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Raincheck policy also in a tweet from Mark. As expected. So sjm, you get to exchange this game for a future game after all!

• sjm308 - Mar 29, 2014 at 2:56 PM