Apr 12, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
The problems Ryan Zimmerman has had throwing the ball from third base have presented a unique problem for the Nationals. There is really no recent precedent for a guy who can throw lasers on the most difficult plays (including when bats are flying over his head), yet can’t hit his target on the routine ones.
Though Zimmerman was fine last night against the Braves, it will surely be a storyline to check in on throughout the rest of this season. After this year they may be able to move him to first base, but how will they manage him this season?
Mark Zuckerman delved into that topic with Rob Carlin and Brent Harris on this week’s ‘The Baseball Show’ on CSN. Check out the video:
They also talked about Bryce Harper’s start to the year, how he vented his frustration, and how he has since seemed to break out of the slump:
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats