Apr 15, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
A day after Jordan Zimmermann and the Nationals rebounded with a 9-2 win over the Marlins, Stephen Strasburg (1-1, 4.24) will take the ball looking to build off his strong outing against Miami just five days ago. Strasburg beat the Marlins at Nationals Park on April 10 after allowing one run and striking out 12 in 6 2/3 innings of work. Today will be his fourth start of the season.
Adam LaRoche is back in the lineup after taking the day off, he’ll bat cleanup with Bryce Harper in the two-hole and Jayson Werth batting third. Nate McLouth is also back after resting his knee for the past two days. Harper left last night’s game after aggravating his quad muscle in the seventh inning, so it’s good news he is in the lineup.
The Marlins will send third-year pro Tom Koehler (1-1, 3.00) to the mound for his second matchup against the Nationals this season. Koehler took the loss on April 10 despite giving up only two runs in six innings. That game, if you remember, was 2-1 for most of the afternoon before an Ian Desmond grand slam opened it up for the Nats.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Thunderstorms, 79 degrees, Wind 11 mph
3B Anthony Rendon
LF Bryce Harper
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Nate McLouth
C Sandy Leon
RHP Stephen Strasburg
LF Christian Yelich
CF Marcell Ozuna
RF Giancarlo Stanton
1B Garrett Jones
3B Casey McGehee
C Jarrod Saltalamacchia
2B Derek Dietrich
SS Adeiny Hechevarria
RHP Tom Koehler
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats bats come alive late in 6-4 win over Marlins
- Reed Johnson has surgery, could be out a while
- Barrett seizing setup role but watching workload
- Janssen close to big step in rehab from shoulder tendinitis
- Anthony Rendon back in D.C. to see Nats doctors
- 'Baseball in the District' - Marlins' voice Glenn Geffner
- The Baseball Show: A turning point last week?
- State of the Nats: An impressive weekend in New York
- Fister pitches Nationals to 2nd straight 1-0 win over Mets
- Span returns to Nats lineup after missing several games