Apr 15, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
A day after Jordan Zimmermann and the Nationals rebounded with a 9-2 win over the Marlins, Stephen Strasburg (1-1, 4.24) will take the ball looking to build off his strong outing against Miami just five days ago. Strasburg beat the Marlins at Nationals Park on April 10 after allowing one run and striking out 12 in 6 2/3 innings of work. Today will be his fourth start of the season.
Adam LaRoche is back in the lineup after taking the day off, he’ll bat cleanup with Bryce Harper in the two-hole and Jayson Werth batting third. Nate McLouth is also back after resting his knee for the past two days. Harper left last night’s game after aggravating his quad muscle in the seventh inning, so it’s good news he is in the lineup.
The Marlins will send third-year pro Tom Koehler (1-1, 3.00) to the mound for his second matchup against the Nationals this season. Koehler took the loss on April 10 despite giving up only two runs in six innings. That game, if you remember, was 2-1 for most of the afternoon before an Ian Desmond grand slam opened it up for the Nats.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Thunderstorms, 79 degrees, Wind 11 mph
3B Anthony Rendon
LF Bryce Harper
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Nate McLouth
C Sandy Leon
RHP Stephen Strasburg
LF Christian Yelich
CF Marcell Ozuna
RF Giancarlo Stanton
1B Garrett Jones
3B Casey McGehee
C Jarrod Saltalamacchia
2B Derek Dietrich
SS Adeiny Hechevarria
RHP Tom Koehler
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line
- MLB Power Rankings: Hamels, Price, Tulo all get traded
- A formula that could work wonders for Nats
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series