Apr 16, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
On the heels of a blowout loss last night, which came on the heels of a sweep in Atlanta last weekend, the Nationals wrap up their road trip tonight facing quite a stiff challenge: Jose Fernandez. The reigning NL Rookie of the Year is on the mound for the Marlins, having thoroughly dominated the Nats in two starts last season (allowing one run and five hits over 13 total innings).
Tanner Roark starts for the Nationals, and obviously he’ll need to be better than he was Friday against the Braves in the first game of this eventful and disappointing trip. A win tonight would bring the Nats home with a 2-4 record on the trip; a loss would leave them 1-5 and 8-7 overall.
As you know by now, I haven’t been in Miami for this series, but I’ll have some analysis after the game, and I’ll be back at the park tomorrow when the Nats open a long homestand against the Cardinals. Enjoy tonight’s game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, XM 869, MLB.com
3B Anthony Rendon
LF Bryce Harper CF Nate McLouth
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Nate McLouth LF Tyler Moore
C Jose Lobaton
RHP Tanner Roark
LF Christian Yelich
CF Marcell Ozuna
RF Giancarlo Stanton
1B Garrett Jones
3B Casey McGehee
C Jarrod Saltalamacchia
2B Derek Dietrich
SS Adeiny Hechavarria
RHP Jose Fernandez
HP Clint Fagan
1B Rob Drake
2B Joe West (cc)
3B Marty Foster
6:25 p.m. — Lineup change for the Nats: Bryce Harper was scratched with tightness in his left quad muscle. Harper had been dealing with that injury on Monday but returned to play last night. It wasn’t considered serious, but obviously it flared up enough to keep him out of the lineup tonight. Tyler Moore now starts in left field and bats seventh. Nate McLouth moves up to Harper’s No. 2 spot in the lineup.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera