Apr 18, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
On Thursday’s ‘The Baseball Show,’ one segment featured a discussion about the early season struggles of Stephen Strasburg. Strasburg through four starts carries a 1-2 record, 6.00 ERA and a WHIP that has soared to 1.571.
The Nats’ rotation as a whole, in fact, is now second-to-last in baseball with a 5.21 ERA as a group. Only Arizona (7.63) is worse, and guess who is at the top: the Atlanta Braves. The Braves’ rotation ERA is at 1.58, or less than one third of the Nats’.
Mark Zuckerman, Rob Carlin, Brent Harris and guest commentator Joe Orsulak discussed what is going on with Strasburg and the Nats’ rotation in this clip right here:
They also looked ahead to how Doug Fister can help the Nats once he returns:
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:35 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals lament close call in loss to Phillies
- Nats struggle early, lose in controversial fashion to Phillies
- LaRoche gets rare night off with tight back
- Gonzalez faces Hamels in showdown of southpaws
- Nats' Triple-A affiliate Syracuse raking in postseason awards
- A primer on postseason roster eligibility rules
- Around the NL East: Stanton making strong push for NL MVP
- Nationals can't pull off dramatic rally this time
- Nats' momentum stalls vs. Phillies in first game of long road trip
- Cabrera out of lineup, but not seriously injured