Apr 18, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
On Thursday’s ‘The Baseball Show,’ one segment featured a discussion about the early season struggles of Stephen Strasburg. Strasburg through four starts carries a 1-2 record, 6.00 ERA and a WHIP that has soared to 1.571.
The Nats’ rotation as a whole, in fact, is now second-to-last in baseball with a 5.21 ERA as a group. Only Arizona (7.63) is worse, and guess who is at the top: the Atlanta Braves. The Braves’ rotation ERA is at 1.58, or less than one third of the Nats’.
Mark Zuckerman, Rob Carlin, Brent Harris and guest commentator Joe Orsulak discussed what is going on with Strasburg and the Nats’ rotation in this clip right here:
They also looked ahead to how Doug Fister can help the Nats once he returns:
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg tries to pitch depleted Nats to sweep
- Nationals have to deal with latest Zimmerman injury
- Adam LaRoche notches three hits, Nats down Rockies
- Zimmermann returns to mound after injury
- Cliff Lee, A.J. Burnett also wouldn't mind being traded to the Nats
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Around the NL East: Are the Phillies on the verge of a fire sale?
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market