Apr 18, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
On Thursday’s ‘The Baseball Show,’ one segment featured a discussion about the early season struggles of Stephen Strasburg. Strasburg through four starts carries a 1-2 record, 6.00 ERA and a WHIP that has soared to 1.571.
The Nats’ rotation as a whole, in fact, is now second-to-last in baseball with a 5.21 ERA as a group. Only Arizona (7.63) is worse, and guess who is at the top: the Atlanta Braves. The Braves’ rotation ERA is at 1.58, or less than one third of the Nats’.
Mark Zuckerman, Rob Carlin, Brent Harris and guest commentator Joe Orsulak discussed what is going on with Strasburg and the Nats’ rotation in this clip right here:
They also looked ahead to how Doug Fister can help the Nats once he returns:
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmermann, Nats get huge test with King Felix out in Seattle
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown
- The Baseball Show: Williams for Manager of the Year?
- MLB Power Rankings: L.A. Angels flying high
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats
- Phillies sweep red-hot Nationals