Apr 20, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
After Bryce Harper was removed from Saturday’s game against the St. Louis Cardinals, the explanation as to why came as quite the surprise. No, it had nothing to do with Harper’s lingering quad tightness, it was for lack of hustle.
We at CSN had a camera at Nationals Park for the aftermath, and got reaction from Harper himself, manager Matt Williams and veteran outfielder Jayson Werth.
Check it out right here:
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up
- Uggla hoping for starting job, not bench role with Nats
- AL East team scouting Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order